Chapter 58

White Day

"Sakura, would you stop looking at souvenirs already? We have a meeting with the Raikage shortly. We need to get going" Sasuke rolled his eyes. She was getting more and more distracted lately. Whenever she came to a store with baby clothes, she immediately roamed through it frantically. That said, nothing seemed good enough for her tastes either. It was almost as though everything had to be perfect...too perfect, for their child's arrival. Something was definitely going on with her, but he couldn't figure out what.

"No, not this one. Not this one either." Sakura compared two sleepers.

Sasuke sighed, coming up behind her and placing his hands over hers, bringing them down.

"Anata? What's up?" she asked, turning to look at him. Seeing the exasperation on his face, she gave an apologetic smile and put back the clothes. "Sorry, Sasuke. I guess I'm doing it again, huh?" She gave him a fake smile and marched forward. "Let's get going!" she called, throwing her fist up with enthusiasm.

"Sakura" he bit his lip. He wanted to ask what was going on, but a recent letter from Shizune worried him. Her words bored into his mind, causing his concern to elevate more each day.

Sasuke,

I hope this day finds you well. I know you and Sakura are on a pretty intensive mission right now, so I wanted to give you a word of caution. While her scans appeared healthy the last time she visited the Leaf, she still has anemia. She may develop stranger cravings than normal and become more fatigued or dizzy as well. Be sure she gets enough rest and consumes plenty of iron in her diet. If left untreated it can lead to complications, so please exercise caution and keep her safe. Sakura can be stubborn and aggressive sometimes, but I know that's a trait you both share. Hopefully, as her husband, you can help her to see reason and keep her stress levels down. The last thing she needs is to be thrown into danger at this point. I know all of us care very deeply about Sakura, as do you, so please take my words to heart.

Shizune

Watching her nervously skip along sent a wave of panic in his chest. How could he possibly lower her stress levels when she was acting like this? When he'd approached her about what was on her mind, she'd simply changed the subject. Ugh, this was so frustrating!

"Sasuke, what's wrong?" she paused, looking back at him.

"N-nothing" he indicated, walking towards her.

"Yo yo yo what's the dealio? My man Sasuke's back but not for an attack, with his new bride standing by his side, looking so fly! Yeeeaahhh!"

"Killer Bee" Sasuke sighed. They had a complicated history.

"It's nice to see you again, Master Killer Bee" Sakura smiled.

He gave them the thumbs up. "Yo, how's Naruto? Feels like it was years ago since I saw him, ya know?"

Sakura chuckled. "He's fine. He and Hinata are actually expecting the birth of their child any day now!"

Although excited, Sasuke caught the slightest hint of worry betraying her lips. He narrowed his eyes slightly. If only he knew what she was thinking right now.

"Wow, a Naruto 2.0 how sensational! The power of youth is sure to come through and look at you two" Killer Bee threw his fist in the air through tears of emotion.

"Heh heh," Sakura turned to Sasuke. His passion and enthusiasm reminded her of someone else they knew.

Sasuke seemed to be thinking the same thing as his eye twitched. He sighed, pinching his brow. They didn't have time for this. "Master Killer Bee, we need to see the Raikage. I have important information for him."