Chapter 2

Summoning Sasuke

The next day, Sakura gathered her supplies and headed to the Hokage's office. She knocked on the door vigorously.

"Yes, what is it?" a familiar voice chimed.

"Kakashi sensei-" Sakura started boldly.

"Yes, Naruto already filled me in on the situation," he gestured to the figure beside him.

"Oh! Naruto" Sakura looked at him, wondering what was going on. "When did you get here?"

"Just now, but never mind that. We've gotta get Sasuke back right away! Isn't that right?" He grinned, winking at her.

"Naruto told me you have a patient with some kind of genjutsu block that you can't undo?" Kakashi clarified.

Naruto egged her on excitedly behind him.

"Oh...uh...yeah. He's been causing me a lot of trouble...this patient". She stammered, trying to make up something on the spot.

"I guess we've got no choice then. We need to summon Sasuke back" Kakashi sighed.

"Yeah, that's right! Dattebayo!" Naruto threw a fist in the air.

"He's coming home" Sakura whispered, smiling to herself. "Umm. Thank you, Sensei" she bowed and rushed out of the office.

"Sasuke...Sasuke...Sasuke" she couldn't stop saying his name. Her heart flooded with joy as she thought of the last time she saw him. She rubbed her forehead, remembering his soft expression when he thanked her and left on his journey. It had been too long, but now she knew she'd never let him go again. This time, she'd definitely travel with him and help him with his redemption. She'd make sure he never felt alone again.