Chapter 4

Dattebayo

Walking back through the village, Sasuke and Sakura smiled silently.

"So, what's the situation with the irreversible genjutsu?" Sasuke asked.

Sakura's face turned red and she stopped in her tracks. "Oh...um...about that" she chuckled nervously.

"Sasuke! You're Back! Dattebayo!" Naruto called, waving wildly with Hinata by his side. "You should've told me you were on your way home, ya know!

"Hn. You're as rambunctious as ever". Sasuke sighed. "Loser".

"Come on. That's all you have to say after all this time?!"

Sasuke looked over at Hinata who was smiling just as brightly as Naruto. It was hard to believe so much had changed in such a short time. Would he and Sakura ever get to that point? Could they be a family too? He blushed just thinking about it. "Umm... congratulations" he stammered, pulling his bangs a little further over his eye.

Hinata laughed. "You don't need to be so formal, Sasuke".

"Right" he smirked. "Well, since I didn't get you anything really, how about I treat you to ramen?"

"Oh yeah, that's right" Naruto started. "I got a lifetime supply from the old man".

Sasuke turned away. "Damn it, what am I going to get for you now? Loser."

Naruto laughed. "You don't need to get me anything. Just being here is enough. Come on, let's all get Ichiraku's together."

"Yeah!" Hinata and Sakura chimed in.

Sasuke smiled but remembered his mission. "I forgot, I'd better report to Kakashi first."

"Uh...wait...about the mission" Naruto stammered. "Well...you see...um."

"What is it? Spit it out" Sasuke demanded, getting annoyed now.

"Uh...nevermind." Naruto backtracked.

"Hn. Guess I'll be going then". He turned and left the group behind.

"Oh man," Naruto grumbled as he left.

"Wait, I'll go with you!" Sakura called. She smiled back at Naruto and whispered, "I'll handle this".