Chapter 36: Never Been Better

Two days ago, waking up thirty minutes before his alarm would've been enough to bum Ian out, but now, greeting the morning not only an hour before the clock but also waking up to his little sister's ear-shattering cries did nothing to ruin his mood; partly because his hair was perfect the moment he got up, his mother's cooking bacon for breakfast and the mattress that's usually annoyingly-crisp in the morning felt amazing on his skin. But towering above all that, is the fact that he has a boyfriend. He, Adrian Phillip Norris, is officially dating the boy he can finally call his boyfriend.

That's right. A tall, hot, slightly-overbearing-yet-surprisingly-clingy boyfriend who has sent him a total of twenty-one goodnight texts within the last four hours is now officially dating him and is coming over to pick him up for practice. Despite spending the majority of last night making out with Bryce, to Ian, all of it still felt a little too good to be true, heavenly good though. Heavenly damn good.

Ian couldn't wipe the smile off his face as his brain played the blurry ending seconds of his dream. He's not even thinking about the fact that this week was gonna be the team's last week of preparation for the upcoming meet. Between waking up and showering, all Ian could spare his focus on was what he was going to wear to impress his boyfriend, how he would style his hair, and of course, forming boyfriend-y morning greetings in his head while also wondering where in the hell his winter clothes went.

"Mom?" Ian called, raising his voice. "Have you seen my burgundy puffy coat?"

There was a loud clatter from downstairs before he heard his mom respond. "You can use that sweater Em gave you last year! The snow's already thinning outside, you don't need the big ones," she explained, followed by an exasperated tone Ian assumed was for his sister. "Oh, Evelyn... Mommy was putting that aside for dinner, honey..."

"You mean the pink turtleneck with his face on it?" the brunet muttered incredulously. "Yeah, I'd rather be shirtless in tights," he murmured to himself as he browsed through his closet before finally spotting his old favorite sweater from ninth grade. "Oh, never mind I found something!"

Just as he was about to take it out, Ian was interrupted by a notification ping, probably an email, most likely a text. Please let it be a text, he prayed silently. Fueled by excitement, he immediately dropped the sweater on the floor and catapulted himself across the bed for his phone, and saw that it was indeed a text message from his boyfriend. Boyfriend. Saying it even just in his head still felt exhilarating, and Ian doesn't think that's going away yet anytime soon.

Bryce: morning :*

Bryce: i'm omw, do you need anything? i can stop by for bagels

Bryce: or donuts

Bryce: it's been 4ever since i had donuts

Bryce: or bagels

Ian giddily bit the inside of his cheek as he typed down his reply.

You: are you driving? stop texting if you're driving

Bryce: or what? ;)

You: you'll die

Bryce: i'm on red light babe calm your itty titties

You: i didn't know we're cute-naming each other now 

Ian had his fun with Bryce's contact name for an entertaining amount of time after that.

long-term boy toy is typing...

lovebug is typing...

generic boyfriend is typing...