Chapter 5 [M]: Waste of Human Tissue

Sex puts him in a good mood

Never mind the fact that it was sex with his mortal enemy, so long as it's sex. Coitus.

Which explains why Ian came in strolling the cramped hallways of the school's building like an idiot high on morphine the next day. Some students, those who cared, threw weird looks at him but Ian couldn't be bothered to give a shit. He waved, winked and smiled at his schoolmates until he reached an abrupt stop in front of Emery's locker where said guy was having a heated battle with his books.

"I swear to God I'm clearing out this crap next week, and I mean it this time," Emery huffed as he forced his things inside the locker with his body before slamming the door shut, attracting a few heads. "The fuck are you looking at?"

"Good morning," Ian leaned against one of the lockers, amused as he watched his best friend scowl at the petrified students.

"Hey," Em greeted back.

"Having a bad day, are we?"

"You think?"

Ian laughed as they continued walking to their respective classes. Emery rolled his eyes at him and after a few seconds of silence, he asked, "So, what's up? You and Bryce were a no-show last night, the boys went out for beer."

Ian gulped and tried to stir off the topic. "Damn, beer on a school night? I'm surprised you don't look like shit today."

They turned a right when Emery shrugged. "I didn't drink, I was Cameron's ride. Besides, I can't focus in on an exam if I'm hungover."

"You could've stayed home though." Ian looked at him, expecting him to answer but Emery just looked away and shoved his hands in his jacket's pockets.

They'd already reached his classroom before Emery could say anything else. "This is my stop, I'll catch up with you later?"

"Okay," Ian said anyway. "weirdo."

He didn't wait for Emery to quibble before jogging towards his first class of the day: Literature. Much to a typical student's surprise, Ian actually favored this class. His classmates were chill, a bunch of no-fuck-givers and on top of that, Miss Beverly doesn't give her students a hard time during exams and the lectures are the type you could actually call interesting without feeling like a horrid liar.

"Have you heard?" Ian heard someone whisper too loud than she probably was going for.

"What?"

"Bryce hooked up with someone in his car last night. Aubrey saw them gettin' wild in front of Del Taco's."

Ian almost tripped on his way to his seat upon hearing the girls behind him giggle and gasp. Thankfully, everyone was busy minding their own business to notice him, so he took his seat quietly and tried not to look suspicious.