Chapter 24: Okay, Better Even

"You're someone I want to keep around, Ian

"You're someone I want to keep around, Ian."

Despite not knowing exactly what he meant, reliving that one moment he shared with Bryce in their attic is what keeps Ian's optimism at ease. That, and his sugary sweet morning texts.

big balls: wake up

You: good morning to you too (ー ー;)

big balls: practice at 8, don't forget

big balls: don't be late

You: whatvr

big balls: need i remind you that i'm still your captain, ian

Reading that text beside the contact name he'd masterfully come up with overnight made Ian cackle for a bit before he typed in his reply.

You: you owe me twenty

You: captain.

Seen 7:31 a.m.

captain dolt 🫡 is typing...

captain dolt 🫡: how much is a kiss worth?

You: how about you stop thinking with your dick for one second?

You: captain.

captain dolt 🫡: can't ;)

You: (눈_눈)

You: that's not a brag

Bryce seemed like he was in a good mood judging by his usual asshole self in his texts to Ian, so imagine the brunet's surprise when he arrived early at practice that morning, Bryce following soon after with a big sour look on his face, looking like he was gonna blow up if anyone does as little as talk to him.

Case in point.

"Hey, cap'n," Blake chirped, waving his hand at Bryce who had just entered the doors. The blond threw him an annoyed look, to which Blake just responded with a passive shrug.

It's really impossible for Ian to believe that those two have been best friends for six years (twice the number of years he's known his own best friend), more so, how the hell Blake managed to put up with an ass for that long. Ian could only imagine how those two fight because weirdly, he's never seen it happen despite all the shit Bryce throws at his best friend.

Pausing his train of thought, Ian looked at Blake and saw him badgering Cameron who was just minding his own business, as if nothing happened.

"Come on, it's just for one night," he heard Blake plead, tugging on Cameron's left leg down the pool with him.

"Get off," the blond demanded, shaking his leg off with a bored scowl. "I'm not lending you any of my cars."

"You sound like you don't trust me," Blake pointed out, crossing his arms.