Chapter 10: Rise of Suspicion

"Why not me?!"

"Why not me?!"

Blake whined as he tugged on Asher's shirt, face distorted into a look of pure betrayal. Asher grumbled and wriggled away from his hold before running past the three boys.

"What?" Blake scoffed when the rest of them laughed. "What is it? Cameron chose Asher, Emery chose Asher. Hell, I chose Asher. Why didn't anyone choose me? What- is there anything fundamentally unfuckable about me?!"

Emery snorted once they reached the entrance, smiling as he pushed the glass doors he said, "Look, don't take it personally-"

"How the hell am I supposed to take it??!"

Bryce emerged from the shower rooms upon hearing his teammates' booming voices that echoed from the hallway to the back of his head. He crossed his arms, hair messy and shirtless, looking like he did quite a workout inside. Emery raised his brow and eyed his captain head-to-toe while the others went on about their business.

"God, you fuckers are loud."

Their friends ignored him and continued making their way to the benches beside the pool.

"And you," Blake started again as they started walking away, pointing his finger at Cameron. "How dare you? I set you up on your very first date and this is how you repay me?"

Bryce rested his hands on the wall beside him and nodded at Emery who was still staring at him with eyes full of wonder. "What were you guys talking about?"

The redhead shrugged. "We got bored on the way here so Blake decided it was a good idea to ask us who we'd wanna fuck in the team," he chuckled. "Didn't work quite well for him."

Before he could continue, Ian showed up skipping his way outside, the damp towel from earlier sandwiched between his hair and his hand. Emery looked and found himself even more confused when he saw what his best friend was holding.

Are those... underpants?

"Bryce your-" Ian panted, stopping abruptly once he noticed they weren't alone. "... not supposed to be leaving these everywhere!" he threw the boxers at Bryce and made a noise as he wiped his hands on his shorts. "God, don't your parents teach you manners? Hey, Em, didn't see you there."

"Hey," he greeted back then stared at the sweaty duo a little more. His mouth half-opened as he slowly pointed alternatively between the two.

"Oh. Oh, did you guys-?"

"No!" Bryce exclaimed, waving his hands frantically as he took a wide step away from Ian. "No, no. No, no we- um. We uh, took a lap outside. You know, ran. Jogged. Just two bros running around."