Chapter 23: Uninvited Guest

"Why do you hate your brother so much?"

Bryce tore his gaze away from his phone to look down at Ian lying on his lap. His fingers twirled around the cord of Bryce's earphones as he waited for the blond to say something, only stopping when he noticed that Bryce was looking at him with a raised brow.

"He's annoying," Bryce answered shortly while Ian tried to make himself comfortable by hoisting himself up until his head met the couch's inside arm. Bryce picked up his phone again just as the other boy goaded.

"You're annoying, but I don't hear him bitching about you."

"Bitch, you met him once," the blond countered.

Ian chuckled, sitting up before climbing over Bryce's lap. Bryce paid him no attention but his right hand automatically reached for Ian's thigh, rubbing the skin up and down as he continued scrolling down his phone. "I'm actually genuinely curious," the brunet told him.

Bryce finally looked at him, then to the ceiling as he tried to form his words. "He's always been the perfect son my parents show off to their friends," he finally said before glancing back at Ian.

"I mean, they're not cruel to me or anything, but it's still nice to feel acknowledged in your own house," he added.

"I don't think I've ever seen your parents," Ian disclosed, eyes trained on his handsome face.

"Business trips," Bryce answered. "They rarely come home these days."

"So you think you're underappreciated, is that what you mean?"

"I guess," the blond shrugged, looking up when he felt Ian's focused stare. Rolling his eyes, he told him, "Don't look at me like that."

"You really love attention, don't you?" Ian teased, which earned him a light shove on the shoulder. He laughed, forcing himself inside the circle of Bryce's arms as he nuzzled his face in the crevice of his neck. "I'm kidding. What does Marcus do anyway?"

"He owns a company in Tokyo," Bryce replied, hands situated on the small of Ian's back as the latter started littering kisses on his jaw down to his Adam's apple. "But right now he's planning on studying some fancy college degree that sounds made-up 'cause he doesn't know what else to do with his money," he then continued, throwing his head back with a hum. "He speaks Japanese."

"That's it? You're getting worked up for that?" Ian mumbled sarcastically against his skin before finally detaching his lips as he gave Bryce a curious look. "Isn't it like normal to own a business at 40?"

"He's 25."

"Holy shit." The brunet didn't try to hide his shock as he practically jumped off Bryce's lap, hands clasped over his mouth as he blurted, "And he speaks fluent Japanese?"

"Do you really think he looks 35?" Bryce asked as he held Ian closer to him, laughing. "Or are you just saying that because you know I'd like to hear people say my brother looks old?"