Chapter 16: Illicit Feelings

November 2019

November 2019

The next three weeks took too long to go by for Ian's liking, mainly because all these recurring feelings he had for Bryce just kept getting worse. He hates it. Sometimes, crushes can really annoy the shit out of you. Every time he sees the guy, all Ian could think about is how he wants to rip his damn clothes off and suck the color out of his dick, or how he wants him to suck the color out of his dick and how he's been longing to hear Bryce call him "baby" again. What was it? Three? Four? Four weeks since he last called him that and Ian is craving. Craving. It was pathetic.

At the same time, he loves it. Along the constant anxiety is the overwhelming rush of excitement whenever Bryce walks by one of his classes, or when the bell rings for break time and they would meet in the janitor's closet where they'd spend the next hour leaving hickeys on each other's necks. Ian doesn't like hiding it, but Bryce would always insist and he'd always get his way, which sucked, but oh well.

"Do you have gum?" Emery had asked him during one of their periods together yesterday.

"Yeah," Ian replied, reaching inside his jacket where he keeps his little stash of mints.

"I thought you don't like keeping things in your pocket?" Emery asked while popping the gum into his mouth. Ian shrugged, telling him that his mom must've been randomly putting candies in his jackets again.

"I thought she stopped doing that when-"

"Well, then stop thinking, geez," he rolled his eyes, earning a kick on the shin from Emery.

Bryce loves to put gum or anything minty in his mouth, says it makes him relax or something. So Ian made it convenient to always bring a few with him whenever he's with the boy. Partly because he got sick of Bryce nagging him about how beneficial gums are to the society, but mainly because he always gets to do the creative way of handing the guy his precious candies.

Ian'd put the candy in his mouth, then it'd be up to Bryce to find a way to get it himself.

It was cliché as fuck, but who cares.

He's undeniably infatuated by his fuckbuddy and having to find out that one of Bryce's exes was in town was no picnic for Ian. So now, three weeks later, on a chilly Saturday practice, Ian finds himself distressed with his thoughts while his teammates splashed around the pool, unaware of his inner dilemma.

Bryce was nowhere in sight, but he texted Ian this morning and told him that he's gonna be a tad bit late because he had to go get something. Ian had left him on read. He's afraid that if he spends too much time making small talk with Bryce and do stuff that couples do outside sex, things are gonna get ugly.

Really ugly.

"Ian!" Blake waved from across the pool as he emerged from the waters. "Come here, man!"

"Blake, I've had it with the throwing of your trunks on people's faces," Ian replied, impassive.

"We're talking about going away this weekend," Asher explained on behalf of them before squinting at Blake. "but yeah seriously though, man. What the hell is up with that? It's disgusting."