Chapter 49

The day had finally arrived... the day Betty was leaning the centre. "Are you ready?" Jughead asked softly as he zipped up her suitcase. "Yeah" she whispered, looking around her room. "Hey" jug said coming up behind her. "This is a good thing baby" he smiled and Betty nodded. "I know. I'm just scared" she admitted. "That's understandable betts, but you can do this, I know you can" he assured her, taking her hand and leading her to the main entrance where reggie and Kevin were standing with Fred, Mary and Archie. "Oh B! I'm going to miss you so much!" Kevin cried and wrapped Betty up in his arms. "I'm going to miss you too" Betty said, tears falling down her face. "I'll be out soon and then we can hang out okay?" Kevin said when they pulled away and Betty nodded. "See you soon betts" reggie said, hugging her next. "Bye reg" Betty grinned. "Okay baby, you ready?" Jug said and Betty took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm ready" she said. "That's my girl" he grinned and pulled her in for a hug. Jug wasn't going with her to the andrews house,  he was going to visit her tomorrow. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" Betty smiled and kissed him. "I'll see you tomorrow but I'll call you tonight okay?" He said and she nodded. "Okay". "See you baby" he smiled and watched as she walked over the Andrews and hugged them all. "Come on honey let's get you home" Mary grinned and wrapped an arm around Betty, leading her out the centre and to their car. "Jughead?" Fred asked, hanging back. "Thank you for everything you've done for Betty" the older man said. "You're welcome mr andrews" jug smiled, shaking the mans hand. "Oh please" he laughed. "Call me Fred, you're Bettys boyfriend that makes you family" Fred said and jugheads face lit up. "You're welcome in my house anytime son" he added "thank you Fred, that means a lot" jughead grinned and Fred smiled before leaving the building.

"Okay betts we're home" Archie grinned as they pulled up to the familiar home. "You ready? You're room is exactly how you left it but Veronica did tidy it up" Archie laughed. "Of course she did" Betty giggled. They walked in and Betty took a moment to breath it all in. "You okay?" Fred asked her, gently and Betty turned to him and nodded. "Yeah it's just overwhelming" she smiled. "That's okay, are you hungry?" Fred asked and Betty nodded. "Marys cooked, why don't I take your stuff upstairs and then we can eat?" He suggested and Betty agreed. "That sounds nice. Betty walked into the kitchen and was instantly hit with the smell of whatever Mary had cooked; she'd missed that. She took a seat at the table and Archie joined her a few moments later. "I'm really happy you're home betts, I've missed you" her best friend said. "I've missed you too arch" she smiled and hugged him. "Okay kids! Let's eat!" Mary announced walking in to the kitchen.

Later that evening, Betty was sat on her bed, fresh out the shower and was just tidying up some of her things. A few minutes later her phone, which she finally was allowed back rang and jugheads name popped up on the screen, with a FaceTime. "Hi" she smiled as she accepted the call, and sat on her bed. "Hi baby, you look beautiful" jug grinned and Betty blushed. "How is your number in my phone?" She questioned. "Archie did it for me" he laughed and Betty giggled. "How are you betts? Are you doing okay?" He asked and Betty nodded. "I am actually, I thought it was going to be hard being home but I'm actually feeling really good" she told him honestly and jughead nodded. "That's amazing baby" he grinned. They were silent for a moment as jug was looking at her. "What?" She giggled. "It's just nice looking at you like this" he said. "Like what?" She asked. "Happy. At home, and at peace" he told her and Betty smiled at him. "I am happy" she affirmed. "Good, that's all I want for you" he said before Betty let out a yawn. "Are you tired betts?" He smirked and she nodded. "Go to sleep honey, I'll see you tomorrow" he told her. "Okay goodnight juggie I love you" she smiled as she snuggled into her bed. "Sweet dreams betts! I'm here if you need anything, I love you" he said softly as Bettys eyes closed and she fell asleep..