Chapter 59

The next day Betty was in her second day of classes. She only did classes three days a week and this particular day was just one art class in the morning and then she had a session with jughead in the afternoon. During her art class, they were just learning about some history of abstract painting, and then they got to try it for themselves. Betty's art class was only small, with ten other people, who all had their own spaces to work. Half an hour into their painting, Betty felt someone standing in front of her, looking up from her canvas, she saw a girl, the same age of her with bright pink hair braided down her back. "Hey I'm Toni, topaz" the girl smiled and Betty gave her a small smile. "Hi, I'm Betty Cooper " Betty said, shaking the other girls hand. "Nice to meet you Betty, I thought I'd introduce myself as I haven't spoken to anyone else in this class yet" Toni explained and Betty nodded. "Yeah me neither" Betty smiled. "Do you want to grab a coffee or something during the ten minute break we have?" Toni asked the blonde and Betty beamed, nodding her head. "Sounds good!".

"I'm so glad I've met you!" Toni said as they were packing their stuff up at the end of the class. "Me too, I don't have many friends" Betty admitted, not wanting to go into her whole history with her new friend. "Well now you have me" Toni grinned and linked her arm with bettys as they left the building. "Anyway, I have a shift I have to get too" Toni said as they were outside. "Where do you work?" Betty asked. "A bar called the wyrm" Toni exclaimed and Betty nodded. Toni walked towards a motorcycle and  placed her bag on the back of it. "Do you need a ride?" The pink haired girl smiled but Betty shook her head. "I'm good thank you, my rides over there" she said and pointed to where Archie was sat in his truck. "Boyfriend?" Toni questioned but Betty grimaced. "No, no. Bestfriend and brother?" She said and Toni chuckled. "I'm assuming you have a complicated past?" Toni said and bettys eyes widened, how did she know? "Perks of being a bar tender you can read people easily" Toni smirked, reading her thoughts. "You can tell me about it if you want... your complicated past" Toni as she turned the engine on. "I have a feeling we're going to be best friends Betty Cooper" she grinned. "You know" Betty smiled. "I do too".

"So who was that?" Archie asked as she got in the truck. "That's Toni" Betty smiled, feeling happy she'd made a friend. "Is she nice?" Archie asking, sounding so brotherly that it made Betty snicker. "She is, I really like her" Betty told him. "That's good, it's nice to see you happy" he smiled. Archie put the truck in reverse and drove away from riverdale community college. "Are you going straight to the centre?" Archie asked as they were driving. "Yes please" Betty nodded. "I'll grab lunch their with Kevin" she explained. Twenty minutes later and Betty was walking through the doors of the centre. "Betty!" Kevin cheered when he spotted her and pulled her in for a hug. "Hi Kev!" Betty smiled and hugged him tighter. "You're early" he said as they released each other and pulled back. "I know I thought we could have lunch?" She suggested and Kevin nodded enthusiastically. "Okay" Betty smiled. "Let me just go and find jug and I'll meet you in the food hall?" She said and Kevin nodded, walking in the opposite direction to her. Betty walked down the hall to jugheads office and knocked on his door. "Come in!" He called and Betty opened the door revealing her boyfriend sat at his desk. "Betts!" He beamed when he spotted her. "Hi juggie" she smiled and hugged him. "What are you doing here?" He asked, brushing the hair from her face as he pulled her onto his lap. "I thought I'd have lunch here rather than go home and then have to come back" she told him and he nodded in understanding. "That makes sense, are you going to eat in here?" He asked. "I'm going to eat with Kevin if you don't mind?" She said and he smiled, cupping her cheek. "Of course I don't mind baby" he said and kissed her softly. "Okay" she blushed. "I just wanted to come and say hi before I ate" she added. "I'm glad you did" he said, kissing her again. "Okay I'm going to eat I'm starving!" She said, getting up off his lap. "See you later juggie!" She called as she left his office.

"I made a new friend today" Betty smiled as she was in her session with jughead. "You did?" Jug asked. "Yep! Toni topaz, she's in my art class" she exclaimed. "That's great betts!" Jug grinned, squeezing her hand, across the desk. "I think... that we are going to be really good friends" she said and started to explain how they met. "I... just don't know when to tell her about all this" she said and gestured around her at where they were. "You don't have to say anything if you don't feel comfortable betts" jug said gently. "I know, I know that but if I want to be close with her, I will eventually" she sighed and jug nodded. "Well see how it goes the next few times you see her, and when you feel that it's right you can tell her" he said. "Or you could explain a little hit and when you're ready you can say more?" He suggested and Betty nodded. "That sounds like a good plan" she agreed. "Okay" he smiled. "How do you feel about having a new friend?" He asked her. Betty took a moment to think about her answer. "I feel good" she said. "It will be nice for me to have a friend, that's outside the centre or isn't my family" she said. "I think it's good too" jug smiled, loving how happy and light she seemed. "What are you looking at me like that for?" Betty blushed when he didn't stop staring. Jug just shook his head as if to clear his thoughts. "Nothing, I just... really love you betts" he grinned. "Well that's good" she beamed. "Because I really love you too".