Chapter 5

When jughead got to work the next day it was lunchtime as he was working the night shift. He checked in and went to his office, sorting some paperwork out Before heading out to the main area. "Jughead!" Reggie, his co- worker and one of his best friends said. "Hey" jug smiled. "Jug... your patient Betty? She hasn't been out of her room all day and she won't open the door for anyone" Reggie said and jughead was instantly concerned. "Okay I'll check on her now" Jug said and ran to Betty's room. When he go there he knocked on the door but there was no response. "Betty?" He said. "Go away!" She yelled back but jughead couldn't do that. He opened the door. "I said go away!" Betty said and the sight of her made jughead worry even more. She was in yesterday's clothes still, eyes ready raw from crying and she was very pale; she was sat on the floor. "Betty? What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing!" She snapped at him. "Betty" he sighed and sat next to her on the floor. "You need to be honest with Me" he said. "Can you please tell me what's wrong?" He asked gently and waited while until she spoke. "I.. I don't want to be here" she sighed and he saw as tears formed in her eyes. "I.. i just made a mistake I don't deserve to be locked in here!" She cried. "Betty?" He said softly and she turned to him. "I know it feels like that but this place is going to help you" he started. "But you have an addiction betty. You were so dependent on your adderal. We're just trying to help you, the more you help yourself the quicker you get better" he said. "I just want to home" she cried. "I know you do" he said and hugged her. "Jughead?" She said. "Yeah?" He said. "Is this allowed?" She asked. "What?" He asked. "Hugging" she said. "I can hug you betty" he laughed.

Later on in the day jughead was in the cafeteria when he saw Betty sat at the table, eating and reading a book. He smiled and went to sit with her. "Hello" he smiled and she smiled back. "What are you reading?" He asked. "Romeo and Juliet" she said and showed him the cover of her book. "You really like reading don't you?" He asked and she nodded. Jughead noticed that she wasn't very talkative when she was in public and she looked uncomfortable sat in the canteen. "Do you maybe want to sit with some other people and make some friends?" Jug asked and betty Frantically shook her head . Jug sighed but didn't press the issue. "Okay I have to go but I'll see you at our session later" he smiled and left to his office.

"So you mentioned you like reading? Is there any other hobbies you have?" Jughead asked in Betty's session. "Aren't you supposed to ask why I'm an addict?" Betty asked confused and jughead laughed. "I want to get to know you betty" he smiled. "You do?" She asked quietly, looking down at her lap where she was playing with her fingers. "I do" he said and she lifted her head up and the small smile she flashed him made his heart flutter but he dismissed that feeling. "So any other hobbies?" He asked. "I really like writing" she told him and he encouraged her to go on. "I ran the blue and gold at school, the newspaper" and said. "But I like writing, just for me you know? At home I have notebooks full of my writing" she said and while she was speaking jughead noticed the passion she had. "That's great Betty" he grinned; an idea already forming in his head.

That night Betty was sat up in bed, reading when there was a knock on her door. She was confused but opened the door but no one was there. She looked down at the floor and saw a box. She picked it up and took it in her room. She set it on her bed and saw the note on top:

Betty,

I hope these make you happy and your time here a little easier!

~Jughead x

She was confused and when she opened the box it was full of notebooks and pens and pencils as well as a copy of beloved and in cold blood. The whole gesture made Betty's heart want to burst and she couldn't wipe the smile off her face...