Chapter 58

A month later and Betty was going to start her first ever college class. She had been out of the centre for two months and was following her treatment plan well. Betty had stayed the night at the Andrews house and after a hearty breakfast from Mary and hugs and good lucks from Archie and Fred, Betty made her way outside where jughead was waiting for her. "Hey you" he smiled when he saw her. "Hi Juggie" she grinned and moved down the steps to greet him. "Wait!" He called and stopped her in her tracks. "What?" She asked him, confusion all over her face. Jug didn't say anything, he just pulled his phone out of his back pocket and held it up. "First day of college photo!" He grinned and Betty blushed, looking down at her feet. "Juggie!" She whined but jug just laughed at her. "Smile and say cheese!" He told her as he got ready to take the photo. Betty huffed and smiled for him. "Perfect!" He smiled as he pocketed his phone and held his hand out to help her down the steps. "Was that really necessary?" She asked him as he held the door to the truck open for her. "Yes, yes it was" he smirked. "I want you to have some new happy memories to look back on" he added as he closed the door, jogging round to the drivers side. "I love you" she said simply. Jug smiled and grabbed her hand as he drove off. "I love you too".

"Are you ready?" Jug asked when they pulled up at riverdale community college. "I think so?" Betty whispered as she took a deep breath and look up at the building. "You're going to do great betts" he said, squeezing her hand as they left the truck. "I...what if I'm not good at it?" Betty asked him. Jughead looked over at his girlfriend, seeing the vulnerability on her face he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "You're amazing Betty, so so so amazing and this is just something else you're going to be good at okay?" He told her and she nodded. "Okay" she agreed. "Let's go then" he smiled and laced their fingers together, walking them into the building. After a tour and another introduction with the dean, Betty grabbed her schedule and was ready to head into her first creative writing class, which would be followed by an art class. "Okay, this is where I leave you" jug said, pulling her in for a kiss. "I love you, have a good day okay?" He said and she nodded. "I love you too" she said and gave him one last small smile before she headed off down the hall.

Jughead returned to the centre after dropping Betty off for her first day. "How was she? Was she nervous? How long is she there for?" Kevin bombarded him with questions the second he walked into the day room. "Calm down Kevin he's just got here" reggie laughed. "It's fine" jug chuckled. "She's fine, a little nervous but she's going to be fine" jug smiled. "She has two classes today and then Archie's going to pick her up at lunchtime" jug explained and Kevin nodded. "Okay that's good I was worried for her" Kevin said. "She's going good Kevin" jug smiled. "And soon you will be out of here too" he added with a wink and walked off to his office. After a couple of hours of paperwork, jugs phone buzzed with a message from Archie and he also saw there was one from Betty:

Betty: hi! I have a break but so far it's going okay <3

Jug smiled at that and then opened Archie's message next:

Archie: just picked up B. She seems a little worn out but okay! See you later man!

Jug thanked Archie and then finished up his paper work so he could go and see Betty as soon as possible.

When jughead got to the Andrews house, he said hello to Archie and Fred before heading upstairs to bettys room. "Hi baby" he smiled as he walked in. Betty was sat crossed legged on her bed, hair up and glasses on her face with her laptop on her lap. "Hi" she smiled and patted the space on the bed next to her for him to sit down. "How was it?" He asked her, leaning back against all her cushions. "It was okay" she smiled. "Really?" He asked, wanting to know if she was being honest with him. "Really" she nodded, and jug let out a silent sigh of relief that she'd had a good day. "Actually..." Betty said after a moment and jug tensed up. "I.. I did have a mild panic after you left" she started. "I didn't think I could do it, I didn't think I could take on all of this" she told him. "And how do you feel now?" He asked softly. "I feel...optimistic" she beamed and jug grinned. "Oh yeah?" He smirked and she nodded. "Yes! It was a lot but I really enjoyed it jug" she smiled. "That's great betts, I'm really happy for you" he said, kissing her hard. "I'm excited for what's to come" she added and jug grinned big. "Who are you and what have you done with my cynical girlfriend?" He teased and she laughed, hitting him playfully. "I'm joking, I'm joking" he laughed. "I love you Juggie" she smiled. "I love you to betts".

{leave me suggestions for this story!💗}