Chapter 26

The next morning, after Betty got ready for the day, she stood in the bathroom, staring into the mirror. In her hand she was clutching at an adderal bottle. After a few moments, she opened the cap, placed two pills into her palm and brought them to her mouth, swallowing them without a second thought. Once she was done, she walked back into her room and hid the bottle under her mattress and then left to go and have breakfast. When she got to the food hall, jughead, Kevin and Reggie were all sat down at a table; she gave then a small smile before grabbing her food and sitting with them. "Morning" she said. "Good morning" they all greeted. "How are you this morning?" Jughead asked, hoping her mood from the day before was just from her being tired. "I'm good!" She smiled. "B? Do you want to head to the gym with me after breakfast?" Kevin spoke up and Betty nodded, enthusiastically. "Don't forget we have a session later as well" jughead reminded her and Betty smiled "I won't! Can't wait!" She chirped, and the others were confused about her overly happy mood.

After getting ready into some workout gear, Betty and Kevin were in the gym. They started out with some stretches and then Betty was on the bike machine while Kevin lightly jogged on tbt treadmill. They swapped over after fifteen minutes and then once they'd been in there for half an hour, Kevin was starting to get tired. "Shall we call it a day?" Kevin asked Betty, taking a sip of his water and wiping his sweaty forehead. "What? No, I have so much energy!" Betty grinned, her feet pounding on the treadmill as she ran. "Betty... how are you not exhausted?" Kevin asked, bewildered. She still struggled with the gym and staying for long periods of time. "seriously I'm fine"Betty said, rolling her eyes. "If you want you can go and I'll see you later" she added. Kevin nodded, and warily left the gym.

Jughead had been waiting for Betty to arrive at their session and when she was ten minutes late, he started to get worried. He left his office in search of her and ended up bumping into Kevin. "Kev!" He called. "Have you seen Betty? She hasn't turned up for her session" jughead exclaimed. "What? Is she still in the gym?" Kevin asked. "Still?!" Jughead asked shocked. "Yeah, I finished about twenty minutes ago, but she said she wasn't ready and carried on" Kevin told him and jughead rushed off to the gym. Before he got there though, he bumped into Betty. "Betts!" He said, in relief. "Hey juggie" she smiled. Jughead looked her over and saw her red face and sweaty body. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm perfect!" She smiled. "You're late for our session..." he told her and her eyes widened. "Really? I must have lost track of time" she shrugged. Jughead frowned at that, she never late. "Let me just get changed and I'll meet you there" she said and walked in the direction of her room.

Once she was back in her room and away from everyone else, she took two more pills and then got changed. She knew it was wrong, but she'd missed the feeling, the buzz that aderall gave her. She felt wide awake and alert, something she hadn't felt in a while. She quickly made her way to jugheads office when she was ready, annoyed at herself for being late; she didn't want him to suspect anything. "Hi juggie" she greeted when she walked into his office and sat down. "Hey" he said. He didn't say anything for a moment and just sat, looking at her. "What?" Betty asked. "What's wrong?" He asked. "What do you mean?" She said, trying not to curl her hands into fists. "You haven't been acting like yourself betts" he sighed. "Yes I have!" Betty said, starting to become defensive. "Woah.. betts..." jug said, worried about her. Betty wanted to kick herself for that; why did she have to snap at him? She knew she needed to try and be as normal as possible so he wouldn't detect a thing. "Sorry... I'm just tired" she sighed. "Why betts?" He asked. "I have no idea, just haven't been sleeping properly" she lied. "Is there any reason why?" He questioned and she shrugged. "Okay.. are you ready to start today's session?" He asked and she nodded.

Later that evening, Betty was cuddled into jugheads side at the table in the food hall, as they were eating dinner. Kevin and Reggie were sat with them and they were making conversation. Reggie suddenly changed the conversation and Betty sat up at what he said. "So jug, do you know what time the medical exams are tomorrow?" He asked and Jughead shook his head. "No, I just know they're in the afternoon" jughead said. "What medical exam?" Betty asked. "Oh right! I forgot to tell you, sorry babe" jug smiled, sheepishly. "It's basically a medical exam, where the doctors take some tests, blood tests, check everything's okay" jughead informed her and bettys heart stopped. "Why?" She asked. "Why would they need to do that?" She asked, trying not to let her panic show. "Just to check Everyone's healthy" Reggie said. Jughead took her hand under the table and squeezed, he wasn't sure what she seemed so worked up about but he wanted to let her know he was there for her; but Betty was freaking out, how was she supposed to hide it now?