Chapter 47

Over the next couple of weeks, jughead was in the process of filing for bettys release. She was able to go home but still had to continue treatment, meaning three times a week she had to come into the centre for therapy, and she would have stuff to complete at home to show she's still showing progress. The Andrews were more than happy to have Betty home again, and jughead had meetings with them to talk about Betty being released, what she would need to do and how they would help.

At lunchtime, Betty was sat with Kevin and reggie when jughead joined them. "Hey baby" he greeted. "Hi" she smiled. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm good" she smiled, and jug noted the truth in that. "So when does B leave me?" Kevin asked dramatically, making Betty roll her eyes. "Kev you'll be out of here in no time too! And besides you're still going to see me all the time" she grinned and Kevin side hugged her. "I know B, I'm Just going to miss you" he said. "I'll miss you too" she said. "Well" jug interrupted them. "Hopefully, it's looking like bettys release day will be in two weeks" jug exclaimed and Betty's eyes went wide. "Really? That soon?" She asked and jug nodded. "Why? Don't want to leave?" He teased but Betty shook her head. "No, no. It's not that" she whispered and jug picked up on the anxiety in her voice. "Can you guys excuse you for a moment" jug said to reggie and Kevin, leading Betty to his office. "What's wrong baby?" He asked, softly. "I'm just a little apprehensive about leaving" she said, honestly, sitting down with him. "About anything in particular?" He asked, being patient with her. "I...I think just going back home and being around everything and everyone again, I'm scared it will bring up things I don't want to deal with" she admitted. Jug nodded, and took her hands in his. "That's understandable honey, but you're so much stronger now, and even if that happens, you'll be able to handle them" he told her, but she was josh looking down at their joined hands. "Juggie everyone knows I'm in here, what if people look at me differently know?" She asked looking up at him with so much emotion in her eyes, jug felt his heart constrict. "Then they're not worth your time" he said, seriously. "You're right" she nodded, wiping a stray tear from her cheeks. "I know you're right, I'm just nervous" she expressed. "And that's totally okay betts, it's going to be overwhelming, but you have me, and your family and friends to help you okay?" He said. "Okay" she said. "Good, now show me that beautiful smile of yours" he grinned and she blushed and smiled. "There's my girl!" He praised, and pulled her into his chest and kissed her head. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" she sighed, kissing his shirt.

Later that day, as Betty was laying in her bed with jughead behind her, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple. "You know a great thing about you leaving?" He asked. "What?" She replied. "We get to go on as many dates as possible" he whispered in her ear and Betty smiled, rolling over to look at him. "I can't wait" she grinned. "Will you still sleep over?" She asked him. "If you want too, and the andrews are okay with it" he told her. "But I also have an apartment" he added. "Where is it?" She asked. "On the edge of the Northside" he said. "And we can have as many sleepovers as you want" he grinned and kissed her. "I'm excited for us to be a Normal couple" she commented. "Babe, we are a normal couple" he frowned. "I know, but just a couple outside a rehab centre" she sighed. "You know that doesn't matter to me right?" He said. "I love you wherever we are betts, no matter what".

After dinner that evening, Betty left Kevin to head into jugheads office to say goodnight as he didn't have a night shift. "Come in" he called after she knocked. "Hey you" he smiled when he saw her. "Hi Juggie, I was just coming to say goodnight" she said, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his middle. "I would have come to you baby" he told her, squeezing her to him. "I know" she shrugged. "I was looking through your file earlier and you know what I saw?" He said to her, pulling back to look at her. "What?" She asked, even though she had a feeling what it was. "That it's my girlfriends birthday in a couple of days..." he smirked, and Betty sheepishly looked down. "Why didn't you tell me betts?" He asked. "My last couple of birthdays have been bad days, full of cult mothers and killer fathers" she told him. "I know, but betts you're in a better place now, you can enjoy your birthday" he reminded her. "I know" she sighed. "I want to make it special for you" he whispered. "Okay juggie... okay".