Chapter 7

"So Betty... how long have you been here for?" Kevin asked at breakfast the next morning. "Two weeks"Betty said. "What about you?" She asked. "A month" he said. "I'm in here for alcoholism" he added. "It all started when my boyfriend left town..." he said and told her his story. Betty was surprised at how open he was at talking about his problems; and she was secretly envious. They chatted about normal stuff and when they were both finished Kevin hugged her goodbye with a promise to see her after his therapy session. Betty nodded and waved him off before deciding to go and sit by the windows and people watch. She was sat, silently just lost in her thoughts when the same girl she fought with the week before, came up to her. "Oh So you're still here" she sneered and Betty just glared at her. "What do you want ginger?" Betty asked, Rolling her eye. "I don't feel comfortable with the Daughter of a serial killer in the same place as me... you're a danger to us all" she smirked and stormed off. Betty sat there for a moment digging her nails into her palms. The next thing she knew, another counsellor was crouched in front of her and had a hand on her shoulder. "Betty? Betty are you okay?" The counsellor, Reggie said but Betty didn't say anything. "Okay Betty, let's take you to jughead" Reggie said, helping her to Stand. "No... no I don't have a session today" Betty said, shaking her head. "Betty. You aren't in a good place, you need to have a session with jughead" Reggie said and Betty didn't put up a fight as Reggie lead her to jugheads office.

"Come in" jughead said when he heard a knock on his door. The door opened and he wasn't expecting to see Reggie, with Betty. "Is everything okay?" Jughead asked, standing up. "I don't know. I found her sat at the window, her fists tight. She didn't look good" Reggie said as jughead sat Betty down in a chair. "Betty? What's happened?" Jughead asked but Betty's eyes were glassed over and she didn't seem with it. "I did see she was having a discussion with ginger before I went over to her" Reggie told him and Jughead sighed, remembering what happened last week. "Okay, thank you reg" jughead said appreciatively. "Of course man!" Reggie said and left the office. "Hey betty... it's just us now" Jug said. "What happened?" He asked, pulling a chair up and sitting opposite her. "I'm a danger" Betty whispered. "What?" Jughead asked confused. "She said i was a danger to everyone... she's right... I'm a monster" she sobbed into her hands. "No betty, you're not" jughead said. "I am! I have a darkness" and cried. "Betty... you're not a monster" jughead said and moved her hands so he could see her face. "I don't know what to do jughead!" Betty cried and jughead was taken off guard with the amount of emotion Betty was showing; so he did the only thing he could think of in that moment and pulled her in for a hug. "Just let it all out betts" he said as he let her cry into his shirt. After a while her cries turned to sniffles and she pulled away, wiping her eyes. "Sorry" she said. "I didn't mean to do that" she added. "Don't apologise. I'm glad you're letting me in" he said. "Yeah but I didn't mean to cry all over you, and I'm sorry that Reggie brought me here, I'm sure you had things to do... I'll leave now" she said and stood up but jughead caught her arm . "Betty... no I'm glad he brought you here, I'm glad I know you're okay" he exclaimed, standing so he was face to face with her. "Yeah because it's your job" she said. "Yes it is my job but Betty... I still really care about you, That's not my job" he said and she saw the honesty in his eyes. The next thing she knew, they were both moving closer to each other but just before their lips touched Reggie came into the office and they jumped apart. "Sorry to interrupt but Kevin's looking for you betty" Reggie smiled. "Oh.. yeah I forgot" Betty said. "Hey... I'll talk to you later okay?" Jug said softly before she left. Betty nodded and he gave her a small smile, leaving butterflies in her stomach...