Chapter 36

The next day, jughead was grinning from ear to ear when he entered the centre. He found betty sat in the day room, reading a book by the window. Smiling, he sat down next to her. "How's my beautiful girl this morning?" He asked. "Hi juggie, I'm okay" she smiled, putting her book down and turning to face him. "What's got you so happy?" She questioned. "I got some good news this morning" he Told her, and she waited for him to continue. "Jellybeans coming up for the weekend" he grinned. "That's great juggie!" She beamed, pulling him in for a hug. "I know! I haven't seen her in a while" he said. "I was thinking..." he started. "Maybe I could bring her here and she could meet you?" He suggested and Betty's eyes widened. "Really? You want me meet your sister?" She asked, surprised. "I do" jug nodded. "I've met your family" he grinned. "Yeah but not as my boyfriend..." she said. "It doesn't matter betts, I want you to meet jelly" he said and Betty nodded. "Okay then" she smiled. "Great!" He cheered and pulled her in for another hug, kissing her softly. They enjoyed the moment and when they pulled away, jughead remembered the book she was reading when he go there. "I've never seen you read in here before" he said, gesturing around the room. "I know" Betty sighed. "I like to read outside, but when I went out after breakfast it was too cold" she whined and jug chuckled. "It's winter now" he laughed. "Exactly. So now I need somewhere else to read" she said. "Did you have a good sleep?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah" she shrugged. "Good" he smiled. "I need to head to my office and do some work, would you like to come?" He asked and Betty's face lit up and nodded. "Yes please" she said. Jughead took her hand and lead her to his office. When he got there, Betty settled on his couch with her book, and jug sat at his desk. He always worked Better when she was there. After working in his office for a few hours, with Betty still reading, jughead got bored. He stood up from his desk, and sat next to Betty. "Can I help you?" Betty smirked, lifting her eyes from her book and looking at him. "I'm bored... hug me" he said, holding his arms open. Betty closed her book and laughed at him; but she let him wrap her up in his arms anyway.

The next few days flew by, and before they knew it, it was the weekend. Betty had eaten breakfast and was talking with Kevin. "So, you're meeting jugheads sister today?" Kevin asked and Betty nodded. "Yeah" she said. "Are you nervous?" Kevin questioned and Betty nodded, quickly. "Yes! I'm a mess! How can he be happy introducing me to his family!" She rambled. "Woah, Betty calm down" Kevin said, taking her hand across the table. "Jughead loves you,  and you're amazing, of course he wants to introduce you to his sister" he reassured her. Betty didn't say anything, just sighed. "It will go fine" he smiled. "I hope so" she said. After breakfast, Betty got dressed and ready for the day, before heading to the day room, where jughead told her to meet him. She was nervous and wanted to dig her nails into her hands, but she'd worked so hard not to do that, so instead she sat on her palms and stared out the window; it was raining, and the water falling down the window soothed her. After a while, she heard someone clear their throat behind her, and when she turned around, she saw jughead smiling at her, and next to him was a brunette girl. "Betts!" Jug smiled. "Hi" Betty smiled. "Betty, this is Jellybean.... jelly this is my girlfriend Betty" jughead introduced. "Hi! It's nice to meet you!" Betty smiled, sweetly. Jellybean was silent for a moment, looking Betty up and down with a scowl on her face, before saying "girlfriend? I thought she was a counsellor.... not some insane patient!".