Chapter 51

After a couple of days of being home, Betty finally had to start her scheduled therapy sessions at the centre. "Do you want me to take you?" Archie asked her when they were eating breakfast. "Do you mind?" She asked and he shook his head. "Of course not" he grinned and she smiled. After getting ready, she hopped in Archie's truck as he drove her to the centre. "You going to be okay?" He asked as he pulled up and Betty nodded. "Of course" she smiled. "Jug said he's going to take me home, and I think he's staying for dinner so I'll see you later" she told him, As she hugged him and got out the truck, waving goodbye as Archie drove off.

When Betty signed in and caught up with a few of the nurses and councillors, she walked into the day room where she spotted Kevin and Reggie talking by the window. "B!" Kevin squealed excitedly and ran, almost knocking her over and he hugged her. "I've miss you so much" he grinned. Even though it had only Been a few days since she'd seen him, she smiled and hugged him tight. "I've missed you too" she whispered. "Hi betts" reggie grinned and hugged her once Kevin had pulled away. "Hi reg" she smiled. "You look good Betty Cooper" Kevin smirked and looked her up and down. "I feel good" she smiled shyly. "That's great B!" Kevin clapped. "I have to go and meet jughead for my session but I'll come and find you after" she promised, hugging Kevin again before walking in the direction of jugheads office. When she got there, she knocked on the door and heard him call "come in". She pushed the door open and his face lit up at the sight of his girlfriend. "Hi baby" he grinned and stood up, pulling her into his arms. "Hi juggie" she smiled, taking a moment to soak up the moment. "You okay?" He asked softly and she nodded. "Good! Okay do you want to start?" He asked, gesturing to his desk, and she nodded, taking a seat as he pulled out her file. "Okay betts, tell me about how you feel being out and back home" he asked and the session began...

Towards the end of their session, jughead remembered something he was going to ask her when they were at pops the other day. "Can I ask something?" He asked and she nodded, waiting for him to continue. "Do you think it will be hard living next to the house you grew up in? With all the horrible things that happened to you there?" He asked, gently so she didn't feel pressured. Betty sighed, thinking over the question. "Honestly, I have thought about it and the honest answer is I don't know..." she told him and he smiled. "That's okay" he said. "I... before I came in here I had only been living with the Andrews for a couple of months, if not less and I was so messed up from everything and on adderal that I didn't even acknowledge where I was" she sighed. "But now that I'm out and I wake up to see an Empty house that used to be my home... it's hard" she explained. "That's understandable betts, you went through something traumatic, and normally people don't have a reminder everytime they leave their house" he reassured her and she nodded. "But at the same time, I don't have anywhere else to live, and I don't think that I could live on my own... not right now" she said quietly, looking down at her hands. "Betts?" Jug said softly, as she looked to at him. "You don't have to do anything okay? We'll figure something out" he smiled assuringly and Betty nodded, trusting him.

Once they were done with their session and Betty went to say goodbye to Kevin, jughead took her hand and lead her out to his truck. "Fred's excited to have you over for dinner" Betty smiled as he started to drive off. "I'm excited too betts" he grinned and Betty smiled as he placed a kiss on her hand. When they got the Andrews, Archie greeted them with hugs before heading out on a walk with Vegas. "Hi Fred" Betty smiled as they walked into the kitchen. "Hi honey, how was your session?" He asked as he hugged her. "It was good!" She beamed. "Hi jughead" Fred grinned. "Hi Mr A, thanks for inviting me" jug said, shaking his hand. "Of course your Bettys boyfriend" he waved off and jug smirked at the blush that littered his girlfriends cheeks as he said that. "I'm just going to freshen up, be right back" Betty said, kissing jugheads cheek before heading up the stairs. "Hey mr Andrews, can I talk to you about something?" Jug asked once Betty was out of earshot.

"That was nice, wasn't it?" Betty said happily as they sat on the Andrews decking in that backyard. "It was" jug agreed, his arm slung around her shoulders as she was cuddled into his side. "Hey, so I have something I want to talk to you about" he said, picking her up so she was sat on his lap, legs around his waist and facing him. "What is it?" She asked, hooking her arms around his neck. "I spoke to Fred earlier about the whole house next door issue" he started and watched as her eyes widened. "What about it?" She asked. "Well, we can't get rid of the house" he chuckled and Betty let out a giggle. "But I was wandering if maybe you wanted to sleep at my place a couple of times a week?" He asked softly. "I know you aren't ready to live with me, as much as I'd love that" he grinned. "But we'd get some alone time and you'd be able to separate yourself from your old house until you feel comfortable, Fred is fine with it and you can choose wherever you want to stay each day, he wanted me to tell you this is always your home no matter what" he explained. Jughead was silent as he watched Betty process everything he just said. "You want me to stay with you?" She whispered and he nodded. "Of course, I love you" he grinned. "I love you too" she smiled, pressing her lips to his. "Is that a yes?" He asked. "Yes!" She giggled and he kissed her again. "I'm sorry I'm not ready for living with you full time" she apologised when they pulled apart. "Baby, I understand I really do, don't ever apologise for that okay?" He said seriously. "I'm so proud of how far you've already come Betty Cooper" he told her, pulling her into him as they watched the sun go down.