Chapter 42

The next day, Betty was waiting in Jugheads office as he was on the phone with the board of the centre. "Okay, thank you so much...bye" jughead said and hung up the phone. "Ethel is being moved from the centre" he said and Betty sighed in relief. "Really?" She asked and jughead nodded, sitting next to her. "Yeah, they reviewed the whole situation and agreed that she was putting other patients treatment at risk" he explained and Betty dropped her head to his shoulder. "Thank god" she sighed. "I'm sorry this happened" he said, softly. "It's okay" she said. "You know I'm pretty sure there's another field trip coming up" he told her and watched as her face lit up. "Really?" She smiled and he nodded. "Yeah at the end of the week, I'm not sure what it is yet I'll find out and let you know" he said. "What are you doing today?" She asked. "We have a session and then nothing but paperwork" he explained. "Is it okay if I just read in here?" She asked. "I just want to spend some time with you" she added. "Of course baby" he smiled, kissing her softly. Jughead started working on his pile of paperwork as Betty read her book but after a while, she became restless. "You okay over there?" Jughead asked, without looking up from his work. "I'm bored!" Betty groaned. "Go and do something then" jughead laughed. "Like what?" She asked. "I'm sure you can find something" he smiled. "I think I'm going to go and see if Kevin wants to hang out" she said, standing up and walking over to him. "Will you come and find me when you're done?" She asked and he nodded. "Of course" he smiled, pecking her lips. "Okay! Bye juggie" she waved as she left his office. "Bye babe" he said, watching her leave.

"Kev" Betty smiled when she was Kevin waking out the day room. "Hey B" he grinned as they hugged. "Do you want to hang out?" Betty asked and Kevin nodded. "Of course!" He said as they linked arms and made their way to Betty's room. "So B, I know you love writing, but what else did you love doing before you came to this place?" Kevin asked as they lounged on her bed. "Erm..." betty said and Kevin could tell there was something wasn't saying. "Come on B! Tell me I'm you're bestie!" Kevin said and threw a pillow at her, causing her to giggle. "Okay! I love art" she admitted. "Art?" He questioned and she nodded. "Yeah, drawing and painting used to be a calm escape from my life" she started. "Writing was a way to express my feelings but art distracted me from what was happening around me" she said and Kevin grinned at her. "Can I see?!" He asked, excitedly. "I don't have anything with me" she shrugged. "The centre doesn't have paints or anything" she told him. "That sucks" Kevin sighed. The two carried on talking before kevin excused himself to go and grab them both a hot chocolate. However, he made a quick stop at jugheads office first...

That evening, Kevin, Reggie and Betty were sat at a table in the food hall having dinner, when jughead came over, a big box in his hand. "Hi guys" he smiled, leaning down to kiss Betty. "What's in the box juggie?" Betty asked. "Funny you ask..." jughead smirked, pulling out paints and sketchbooks. "Taking up a new hobby?" Reggie laughed. "No" jug chuckled. "These are for you" he said, sliding the box across the table to Betty. "F..for me?" Betty whispered and jughead nodded, taking his seat beside her. "W..why? How?" She asked, in complete disbelief. "Well a certain someone stopped by my office earlier and informed me that our very favourite blonde had a secret passion" he smiled and Betty's eyes flickered over to Kevin who was grinning at her. "I wanted you to have that peace you said art gave you" Kevin explained and Betty shot out of her seat and hugged him. "Thank you so much!" She whispered to Kevin. "You're welcome" Kevin said, squeezing her tight. "Thank you for getting me this" Betty said to jughead, hugging him as well. "Anything for you" he said, kissing her. "So, I didn't know you liked art" reggie said and Betty smiled. "Nobody knew" she shrugged. "So..." jughead smirked. "Are you going to paint for us?" He asked and bettys face lit up. "I'm going to paint now! I'll come and show you when I'm done!" She giggled, rushing out the food hall with the box.