Chapter 60

A few weeks had passed and Betty finally felt settled with all her classes, as well as balancing therapy. Currently she was working on a creative writing assignment where they had to submit a short story, which was taking up a lot of her time. That's where jughead found her after he finished work, in her bedroom at the Andrews house working on her story. "Hey baby" he greeted as he walked in, kissing her cheek. "Hi juggie" she smiled, before turning back to her computer. "How's it coming?" He asked and nodded towards her laptop. "It's going okay, I'm going to finish for the day in a minute I've been working on it for a couple of hours already" she told him, and jug nodded, leaning back on her bed and waiting for her to be done. About ten minutes later, Betty closed her laptop down and climbed under jugheads arm, sighing happily. "I've missed you" she whispered, snuggling closer into his chest. "I've missed you too betts" he smiled, pressing a kiss to her hair. "So it's Friday tomorrow and I know you have class, do you have any weekend plans?" He asked her. "Nope" she grinned up at him. "Sooo how about we do something?" He asked her and her grinned got even wider. "Like a date?". "Exactly like a date" he beamed. "I can't wait!" she squealed.

The next day, Betty was in her art class, the class was finishing and she was putting all her stuff away when Toni walked over to her. "Hey Girl do you want to go and grab a coffee?" She asked and Betty smiled, happy to have a new friend. "Sure!" Betty agreed and pulled out her phone to text Archie and jug to let them know she wouldn't need picking up yet. The two girls walked out of class and went to straight to a small coffee shop just off campus. The two girls spent an hour chatting like they'd known each other forever, and by the end of their time together, they knew they were going to be best friends. "So, there's a party that someone in my photography class is throwing tonight, would you like to go with me?" Toni asked Betty. Betty gulped, she hadn't told Toni about her past or treatment yet, but she also didn't want to to lose the first friend she had made since her world imploded. "That sounds fun" Betty nodded and hoped she sounded convincing enough. "Great!" Toni beamed and linked her arm with bettys as they walked out the coffee shop. "I have a dorm room here so why don't we head up there and get ready?" Toni suggested and Betty followed along.

Once they got to Toni's dorm, which she had to herself as she had no roommate, they both tried on a bunch of outfits and did each other's makeup. For the first time in a long time Betty felt normal, like a normal teenage girl. This was what caused Betty to pull out of phone and text Archie and Jug again:

Betty: going back to Toni's dorm to hang out and have some dinner, she said she'll drop me back later :)

After she sent the message, she only felt slightly guilty about lying to them, but she knew they would worry if they knew where she really was. "Okay we look amazing! Let's take a picture!" Toni announced as she pulled Betty in for a hug and snapped a picture. "Cute!" Toni grinned as they both looked at it. "Send it to me?" Betty said and Toni nodded. Betty knew she shouldn't be going to a party, she might be healthier and in a much better place but she knew she shouldn't be going, but she was having so much fun with Toni and she enjoyed not being treated like a patient, she blocked all the negative thoughts out of her mind.  "Okay, shall we get going?" Toni said and Betty nodded, the two girls heading out the dorm.

The party was being thrown at a frat house and Betty could hear the music from a block away. "Okay here it is!" Toni told her as they walked up to a house. People were flooding through the door, and plastic cups were sprayed across the lawn. "Don't lose me okay?" Toni laughed as she grabbed her hand and pulled her through the front door. Over the pounding music and hot, sweaty bodies in the room, Betty could only just make out Toni asking her what she wanted to drink. Lying to jughead and Archie wasn't the only mistake she was going to be making that night...