Chapter 50

Betty was woken up to the sounds of pots and pans coming from the kitchen, she sighed rolling over and smiled when she remembered she was back home. She stretched out and grabbed her phone and her face lit up when she saw she had a text from jughead:

Jug: good morning beautiful! Have a good day <3

Betty grinned and replied before heading to the bathroom and started to get ready for the day. In the centre she only really wore comfy clothes and sweats so now she was home, she was excited to dress more like herself. She put on a small grey skirt and a white turtle neck, before curling her hair and putting on some makeup. When she was done, she smiled at herself in the mirror. She felt good. When Betty got downstairs, Fred and Archie were in the kitchen, making breakfast. "Morning betts" Archie said around a mouthful of eggs. "Good morning" Betty giggled at him. "Good morning honey, how did you sleep?" Fred asked, as she took a seat. "Really well" Betty grinned. "That's great! Are you feeling okay today?" He asked as he plated bettys breakfast. "I'm feeling good" she smiled and looked at her food, not seeing how happy the two men were. "Are you seeing jughead today?" Archie asked and Betty nodded. "Yeah, he's going to come here" Betty told him, before shaping her head over to Fred. "I mean, if that's okay?" She asked, and fred laughed. "Honey this your house, you can have whoever you want over okay? And if you ever want him to stay over that's okay too" he exclaimed and Betty smiled, hugging the older man. "Thank you" she whispered. "Of course" Fred grinned and kissed her head. "I was thinking we could go to pops?" Archie spoke after a few minutes. "Maybe we can go with jughead? Ronnie is in New York and will be back on the weekend so I can third wheel with you guys" Archie joked and Betty laughed. "I know she FaceTimed me when I got home" she giggled "and that sounds good" she agreed.

After lounging around for a few hours, and walking Vegas, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it" Archie said and Betty sat up as she heard her boyfriends voice. "Hey man" Archie greeted jughead. "Hey" jug smiled as they did a weird boy hug. "Betts you're boyfriends here!" Archie yelled teasingly and jughead chuckled. "Hi juggie!" Betty grinned as she ran into his arms. "Hi baby" he smiled and kissed her softly. "I've missed you" she whispered. "I've missed you too" he said softly before bringing his lips to hers once again. "Gross" Archie joked and Betty playfully pushed him away. "Go and annoy someone else" she sighed. "But I have months of annoying you to make up for!" Archie said dramatically. "You two and really like brother and sister" jug laughed, watching the two of them. "Yeah the brother I never asked for" Betty giggled. "You love me!" Archie called as he walked into the kitchen to feed Vegas. "Hi" Betty grinned up at him when they were finally alone. "So, this is how Betty Cooper dresses?" Jug smirked down at her, his hand sliding down her side. "Yep, do you like it?" She asked him. "I love it. You're always so beautiful" he said seriously. "Thank you" she smiled. "So what shall we do today?" He asked. "Well arch wants go to pops later but I was thinking we could just chill?" She suggested and jug agreed.

After a few make-outs and movies in bettys room, the couple plus Archie walked to pops. It wasn't lost on jughead that the empty house next door that where Betty used to live, and where her life fell apart. Betty didn't spare a second glance at it, but he made a mental note, to ask her about it in their next session. Betty still had to go to the centre three times a week for counselling sessions, as that was her release treatment. As well as that, for the first year she had to have a drug test every month. "I'm so hungry!" Archie whined as they got to the diner. It suddenly dawned on Betty that there was probably going to be a lot of people that she knew in there and she wasn't sure wether she could handle that. "Betts?" Jug asked when she stopped still. "You okay Betts?" Archie asked, looking concerned. "I...I don't know if I can go in" she said shakily. Archie realised his best friend was about to panic, he'd seen too many of her panic attacks so he knew what to do, but he also knew jughead would help her. "I'll go and get a table" Archie said softly and jughead nodded in appreciation. "Hey Baby, can you look at me?" Jug said when Archie was gone. Betty looked at him and he smiled, taking her hands in his. "Take a could of deep breaths with me?" He said and watched her as he coached her through some breathing exercises. "You're doing so good betts" he encouraged. When she was calmer, he pulled her into a hug. "Want to tell me what you're thinking?" He asked gently. "What if there's people I know?" She whispered. "Betts, you're so strong, and no one will say Anything to you okay?" He said and she nodded. "And, if they do me and Archie are with you" he added and Betty took a deep breath and nodded. "You don't have to go in if you don't want to baby, we can get takeout and go back to the house?" He offered, not wanting to push her into something she wasn't ready, she'd only been home for a day. "No, no. I want to go in" she said and jug smiled. "That's my girl" he said and grabbed her hand as they walked in. Betty was instantly greeted by pop, who hugged her and jug slipped over to Archie while Betty spoke to the older man. "Is she okay?" Archie asked and jug nodded. "Yeah I think it's a lot. She's scared of what people will think of her" jug explained. "I hate that she feels like that" Archie sighed. "She's been through too much" he added. "I know but she's better and it will be an adjustment coming home, we just have to be there for her" jug smiled at Archie, the two boys already getting on so well. "She really loves you" Archie observed. "I really love her too" jug grinned and Archie laughed. "I can tell" he smiled. Just then Betty skipped over and settled into jugheads arms. "Everything okay?" He asked, kissing her. Betty looked around at the diner she'd missed. "Everything's great".