Chapter 45

The next day, Betty woke up with a smile on her face; feeling strangely optimistic for once. After getting ready for the day and heading to have breakfast with Kevin, she made her way to Jugheads office. "Morning baby, how did you sleep?" Her boyfriend smiled when she walked in. "I slept Okay" she said, wrapping her arms around him and taking a moment to enjoy the feeling of him holding her. "Are you ready to start our session?" He asked her and she nodded, pulling away and sitting down across from his desk. "Okay..." jug said, pulling out her file ready to take notes. "So, how do you feel about finally being able to leave?" He asked and Betty took a deep breath before answering. "I feel...good" she started. "Like finally there's an end in sight and I feel so much better about myself and my addiction" she said and jughead nodded. "But, also a part of me is scared, terrified even that I'm not going to be able to cope on the outside" she admitted. "Why do you think that betts?" Jug asked. "I'm isolated here. I have my demons and I've obviously had to confront them in here but there's also demons outside these walls that might be waiting for me and I'm not sure if I can handle them" she said shakily, finally feeling all her emotions on her impending release. "Do you know what I think?" Jug said, and Betty looked at him. "I think you're a hell of a lot stronger than you were before you came here" he said, taking her hands over the desk. "I've watched you overcome so much, battle an addiction and become mentally stronger, and you did that betts, you wanted to do those things so you did, and nothings stopping you from doing that on the outside" he told her, looking at the girl he loved, and hoping she could see how brave she was. "I know it will be hard, but you have a good support system...and you have me" he smiled and Betty felt tears in her eyes as she nodded. "I do, I think I'll be okay" she smiled. "I know you will" jug agreed, stepping around his desk and pulling her in for a hug. "I'm so proud of you" he whispered, holding her closer to him.

After their session officially ended, Betty hung around jugheads office, reading her book as jughead filled out some paperwork he had. As Betty was sat there, she realised there was something that she wanted to do, something she wanted to deal with before she left the centre. "Jug?" She said, catching jugs attention who looked up at her from his desk. "I was wandering if you could help me with something" she said, closing her book and moving to sit on his lap. "Anything baby" he said softly, his arms coming around her. "There's something I want to do before I leave here, before I start a new chapter" she said and jug quirked an eye brow at her. "I...I want to write letters to my family" she told him. "My dad, my mom and polly" she whispered, looking down at her hands. "Betts...I think that's a great idea" he smiled, gently lifting her chin up so she was looking at him. "You do?" She asked and he nodded. "Yeah, it might help to have a little closure on that part of your life, and help to let out any emotions you have there" he told her. "I'm not sure I want to send them though" she admitted. "That's totally fine. You don't have to" jug assured her. "You can just write all your feelings down in a letter and you never have to send them, or you could keep them and send them when you ready" he explained. "Either way, it will be good to write it down, whatever happens after you do that is your choice baby" he said and Betty nodded. "You're right, first I just need to write it all down" she said. "Would you like me to be there when you do?" He asked, wanting to offer all the support he could. "I..I think I need to do that on my own" she said. "But... I would like you to read them after I've done it" she added and jug smiled. "I can do that" he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head. Betty sighed and rested her head on his chest. After a few moments she broke the comfortable silence. "Thank you for loving me" she whispered. "I'll always love you" he said.

{I'm back!💗 i hope everyone is safe and well! Leave some suggestions for what you want to see in this book!💗}