Chapter 7- Welcome into future

NOTE: This chapter contains many dialogues than the action. But don't consider that keep reading.

He jerked awake from a sluggish sleep, head roiling with pain.
"Hnnghhhhh... where am I?" he complained in his thoughts. He was alone on a threadbare couch, a cracked ceiling above him. "What the..." he looked blearily around the small apartment. The room was crammed with odd artifacts, dusty hay wires, and strange gleaming weapons. "Are those... skulls on the walls? And who the hell need that many computers...?" head still throbbing, he got up and started to investigate his surroundings... "What is all this stuff...?"

"I should... Examined the old locket" He leaned in, to examined skull flail, ornate book. He ran his fingers over the glided cover, tilting his head to read the inlaid title. 'The Hidden Ministries of Time traveling' he flipped through the yellowing pages, filled with sketches of leering, uncanny creatures been defeated by angels in a battle field.

"Whoa..." he traced a drawing of a man with a contorted, furious face and batlike wings. "The Arachano"... "What pissed you off, boy..." then he walked to examined other one.

"Wow.'' He ran his fingers over the wickedly sharp spikes.. ''Who keeps this something like this in their living room?" he pulled his hand back... and realized that his fingertips are stained a dusty brownish-red. ''Just rust, Seth... a lot of rust. I hope.'' He examined the old locket. ''I wonder how old like this...'' He reached for the locket... which glow a bright, venomous green and snarled, snapping at his fingers! ''Gah!'' snatching his hand back, he took a large stepped away from the locket. ''How the... did that thing just...'' growling softly, the locket settled back into its place on the shelf.

He heard a creak behind him, panicked, he grabbed hold of the nearest object and whirled around, raising his makeshift weapon to face... The man who saved his life earlier that night.
??? ''Look who's awake. Having fun touching all my stuff?''

I... what...? '' Seth stammered.

''Still a little out of sorts, huh? Not surprising. Need something to take the edge off? Or are you set on crackling my skull with that curtain rod?''

"I...'' He looked down at his hands to discovered that he was, in fact, gripping a cracked plastic curtain rod. ''Shut up.'' he dropped the curtain rod on the floor. The man gave him a crooked half-smile.

''Thanks goodness, I was really quaking in my boots for a second there.'' The man said, speaking indistinctly.

''Enough with the wisecracks. Who the hell are you? What is all this?''

"I'm Dr Stephen Jones. And this a hell of a way to thank me for saving your life?''

"Stephen... you're. Thank you. I'm sorry it's just... i'm ready scared, I don't know where my family are, and I have no idea what's happening to me.'' Seth said, throwing a hands up.

''I get it. You've had one hell of a night. And frankly, I'm pretty used to people, and non-people, trying to bash my brains in. So no big.''

"Still, Thank you. That... thing back in the alley would have killed me. I owe you, big time.''

Stephen rubbed the back of his neck, looking uncomfortable. ''No need to go overboard, Okay? Just doing my job.'' Stephen said.

''Your... what?'' Seth asked surprised.

Stephen brushed past him and thumped down on the couch, patting space next to Stephen. ''C'mon, take a load off, and I'll tell you what I know.'' Cautiously, Seth sat down next to him, keeping a safe distance between Seth. ''Okay... spill. Who the hell are you?''

"Like I said last night, I'm your bodyguard.'' Stephen Jones inquired,

''But... I don't have a bodyguard.'' Seth resisted. 

"You do now, tiger."

"How about you stick with Seth?"

"Well, Seth, somebody offered me six figures to keep you safe, and I take my duties very seriously, well... I take that cash seriously, anyway."

"Six figures?! Who the hell...Would spent much on me?! I'm not the last scion of same royal bloodline or something. I mean, my mom's an accountant from Wyoming."

"You tell me. This is all got." he pulled out a folded, crumpled piece of paper from his back pocket.

"A note? That's it?" Seth asked,

"Well. I spent the week at Khartoum past asking around for you, trying to sus you from the creatures attacked. And anyone in the towns Know you an award winner, So I went the bar, and... well, you know the rest. Screechy monster, arrows go boom, I saved your life." He narrates exhausting.

"But... how could the creature knew I will be there?!" Seth asked, and Stephen gave an exaggerated shrug. Scowling, Seth snatched the note from him and unfold it. It reads simply... 'Protect him.'

"I...I don't Understand..." but as Seth focused on the words, a ruthless flood of memories came rushing back, overwhelming him... The dark alley behind Rougarou... The shrieking grotesque creatures, stalking him with it dead eyes... "HIIISSSS." Vonda on the ground, white-eyed and convulsing... "Hrrrkkk-k-k-k-k..."

"Oh, god. Mom? How's is my mom!" Seth irrevocably interrogates him.

"Don't worry, your mother and your sister Vonda are dead!"

"Whaaat! Tell me it's not true." Shuddering, he wrapped his hands aiming for Stephen throat seizing his jacket collar. "What's did you said?!" He asked for the second time.

"I said your mom is dead!" Stephen concluded.

"No! No! My mother cannot die, my mother cannot die!" He inquired quizzically. "I'm going to look for her!" then, Seth dashed past Stephen, on the way ongoing aiming at the main gate. "Don't bother, there's nothing you can do, and you could see--" before Stephen, could finished his sentence, Seth had already refused to listened and bolted outside... While he knocked the first gate opened with his exceptional strength.

A new world came into his view above was— A large sky scrapers and cool air blowing across the sky, and a pile in the skies a new world, a new era. His view was different. He slammed the door inside and aimed directly at Stephen seizing the throats again. Strangling his neck. "Where I am? Where I am?!"

"Welcome to the future!" Then Stephen squeeze his shoulder with a strong hand, his brow creasing. "Future what?! What's future?!" The attitude of him became worst asking rhetorical questions trembling the room across the outside... He opened the mouth to made a sentence,

"Future my f..f-- Ahhhh!!!" Stephen knocked him by his palm, and slow time field engulfed the room glowing otherworldly— the shadow soul of Seth casted from the body, lunging backward inclined to the axis. Like falling to the ground... "I summon my power to you, Cause you are THE Chosing ONE!!" Stephen casted a spell, and a beam of light gleaming from his body once possession Seth body— vibrating the body unstoppable and wield an evil darkness shadow across Seth body.

Over a period of time, after the possession Seth fell unconscious. They last thing that he saw was his world blurred and got slammed to the ground.

Hope you like :)