28- Dark Solstice Moon

Written by- RichmondOwusu8 & Edited by Rafael Assumang

Burton maniacal laughter faded as Seth and Steve rised toward the opening ceiling. He fought his binds trying to flinch off but they were too tight!

"Dammit, Burton, you won't get away with this!" he warned Burton and frowned.

"It isn't over yet!" Steve suggested with a mere shrug.

The platform stepped on the rooftop, where a thunderstorm raged. An enormous device radiating volatile energy pointed down at Seth!

"It's Burton machine! The one he said will steal all the power from you and Prof Stephen." Steve confirmed after his eyes gazed on the machine.

"Let us Go!!" Seth shouted and a flash of lightning awkwardly hit the machine, and it shot a beam of red energy over Seth and Steve!

"AAAAAHH!!!"

"HNNNNG!!!!"

The light faded to a single thin beam that started to slowly pulled Seth magic out of him. He felt himself weakening, nausea overcoming him... "Hrrghh..."

"Well, well, well. You aren't dead! At last, my machine works as intended!" Burton emerged onto the rooftop, a sadistic smile warping his face. Seth tried to drew upon his magic, but couldn't barely sensed it!

"Ugh... Gonna pass out..." Steve asked and Seth gaped out.

"No! Steve, hold on!" he strained against his bindings, but the effort sapped his strength further! "Hnng..."

"Don't weaken... yourself... idiot." Steve said.

"Oh, Steve, you always were slippery little eel. Seeing you so weak is nothing short of a delight." Burton gnawed on his teeth and yelled at them. He came closer, grinning down at Seth and Steve. In a flash, Seth remembered a spell he learned to overcome his weakness in the twilight day of magics...

"Burton won't see this coming!" he thought of and scoffed a laugh. He reached his magical core again, finding the source that all his magic was flowing away from. He imagined the flow reversing direction, swirling back at his center and a whirlpool of blinding energy...

"What are you--"

"You know what happens when you get too close to the sun Burton? You get burned!" he screamed as a superhero in charge of his ki and unleashed a burst of raw Sun energy! White-hot light flooded over the rooftop and engulfed Burton, burning his flesh from his bones!

"AAAAH!" he casted off the spell and glared at Seth, skin sowing itself back together over his charred muscles and bone. Seth's head swarm from the magic he released!

"Urgh..."

"Foolish child. You've only drained your own strength."

"Maybe so... But I've left you some aches and pains... to remember me by."

Burton laughed as he stalked closer, flesh steaming as the last of his injuries disappeared. "I've waited years for this moment. And finally, my patience will repay me. The refractionary power will be mine!" he reached for the machine...

"No. You. Don't." Burton arm fell lifelessly to his side, as though he lost all muscle function. Professor Stephen appeared on the rooftop, with Agim Morina and Yandi Rachman: holding ray guns standing beside Professor Stephen. While Professor Stephen hair windswept, magic crackling in his palms!

"Professor Stephen!" Seth declared.

"Seth! Steve! I'm so sorry it took me so long--"

"Hahaha, finally Professor Stephen you're here! Now no time for any silly things here."