Chapter 27- Game in the fast lane

Joe and Optimus stepped out of, from holding hiding to fire off spells, which slammed into Burton's chest. "Urrrggghh!"

"Nice one!"

"Yes!"

Burton snarled and slammed his fist into the ice, shattering it! "You are beneath me!" Burton swept his hand at Joe, and a massive blast of wind shot him into the air! He slammed into the ceiling and then came crashing back down. He lied on the ground unmoving. "Hnnnghh..."

"Joe!"

"Burton! How dare you--"

"Let us worry about him.'' Said Satyr.

"Just keep channeling your spell!"

They rushed forward, Optimus melting down Burton's instruments while Steve channeled the superheated metal into a ball. Satyr hurried to Seth side, just as Burton hands started to glow with fire... "He's coming at us with something big. We need to keep him from hitting Steve and Optimus so they can landed their attack."

"We should... Use Moon magic to stop him! Stop!"

"Seth, I don't think that's going to--" Seth tried to channeled Moon magic, his lack of training left him weak, energy draining rapidly out of him!

"Foolish child!"

Burton raised his hand and jetted of flames shot out of it, heading right for Seth!

"Seth!" despite Satyr warning, Seth wasn't so fast enough! The fire scorches across his arm burning him. "Ahhh!"

Burton swept the fire across the room, and Satyr and Joe leaped out of the way. The molten metal scattered about the room as they lost concentration. "Dammit."

"Out of my way!" Burton waved his hand, and a boulder rised up out of the ground! He hurled it at Seth and Satyr!

"Watch out!" Steve shouted, "Seth!" Satyr shoved Seth out of the way, and the boulder slammed into him, sending him flying! "Hhfffff!" he hits the ground with a sickly thud... and doesn't get up. "No! Sir!" Joe snarled beside Seth, eyes blazing with fury. "That's it Let's roast this guy, Seth. Optimus, watch our backs."

"You've got it." said Optimus,

Seth and Joe charged at Burton, who raised his hands in the air. Boulder flied at Seth, but he dodged between them! Then one came soaring right at his face, only to broke apart in midair, missing him entirely! "Not today!" Said Joe. "That was way too close!" as the two of them neared Burton, Optimus looked at Seth. "Now!"

"Let's... Create a massive fireball! I'll give you a boost!" his magic weaved with Optimus, and it holds it hand out, a massive fireball growing in it palm! "Let's see how he handles this!" Optimus hurled the fireball at Burton, and he quickly summoned an ice shield to protect himself! The fire impacted, melting away the ice enough that the flames singed him! "Hrrrahh!"

"How's that feel, Burton?" Seth asked with a smile. Burton glared at Seth and turned the remains of his ice shield into a tendril of water! "Enough of this. I don't have all day." he lashed out with the tendril of water, and it slammed into Joe, curling around him! It tightened suddenly slammed him against the ground. "Hhgggkkk!"

"Joe!" the water released Joe, and he slumped against the floor, no longer moving. "You'll pay for that--" the ribbon of water rockets toward Seth, but Optimus freezed it solid before it reached Seth! "We're nearby out of options. it's now or never, Seth."

"We should... Make some fog. If he can't see us, he can't hit us!"
A thick fog filled the room, hiding him and Optimus from view!

"The problem we can't see him with his attacks!"