Chapter 19- School Service Assignment

In the night, Seth entered the sprawling Khartime! Library for his school services assignment. He took the moment to appreciate his surroundings... He spotted Optimus toward the back of the library, surrounded by a table full of books. He headed over to Optimus. "Hey, um, the assignment is not yet done? But the day we were given this assignment, the following day I was absent why is it still there?"

"Seth don't asked me that!" Optimus said in hexafluoride tone. "due to the newly opened department called... Time Department the school gave a holiday for the attending!"

"Why? Is Burton Goatte having a relationship with Prof Stephen?!" Seth asked curiously.

"Yeah I think too and I thought am freaked though, they were friends from childhood. I mean, childhood friends!"

As Optimus said childhood friends, which dragged Seth mind into something. "(If they are friends then why would Burton caused a commotion during that day? Then it means he's planning something.)"

"By the way am I late Optimus?"

"No, I was already here." It glanced up at Seth, eyes narrowing when it spotted Katilda in his arms, before turning back to the book in front of him. "Hiddens aren't allowed in the library. Did you not read the sign?"

"Oh. I guess I'll just bring little Katilda up to my room..."

"Don't be silly. Just tell him to go off to the ether."

"Uh..." He looked down at Katilda. "Go to... the ether?"

"Rowrf!" Instantly, Katilda disappeared! "Where'd he go?!"

"Don't worry, he'll come when you call. And he'll be perfectly happy there with all the other off-duty Hiddens." It snapped the book it was reading closed and stood up. "Are you studying already? School just started!"

"Slacking off gets you nowhere. Though I'm sure you already know that by now."

"Right." They glared silently at each other for a few moments."

"I got our service assignment from Mr. Solomon Palmer, the librarian. We're supposed to reshelve the At-time(ATL) history section from 1300 to 1350. The heaven forces, The Fo-Fives, The characters of the Sun & Moon, The Norse gods and The Phoenix & Aura's forces!"

"That doesn't sound terrible. It's only fifty years. Where's that section?" Optimus pointed down the nearest aisle, which stretches on and on into the dark recesses of the library. "It goes all the way down."

"I... see. But at least all we have to do is put some books in the right place." It gestured upward to the dozen of books flapping around near the ceiling like birds. "Oh. Good point." Said Seth, "Let's get to work, shall we?"

An hour later, Seth stood in the aisle with his back to Optimus. He slotted yet another book into the shelf in front of him, only to have the one next to it got up and flied away. "Ugh, this is torture."

"Tell me about it. This is making even me hate the library."

There's was a brief silence, and Seth turned around, leaning against the shelf behind him. He watched Optimus back as it shelved a book effortlessly, and the another. "So in that day morning, in Goatte's office... You vouched for me."

"Yeah? So what?"

"So, I want to... Say thank you! I know the Burton said it didn't change anything, but... it did for me, So thanks." Optimus didn't turn, but Seth saw it metallic ear grew a little red. "Well... don't get used to it. I was feeling generous. Besides I figured I owed you one for telling the Burton it wasn't my fault. Don't make a thing out of it." It face suddenly changed and it glared at Seth. "Are you always like this?" Seth also glared and stated defensive. Optimus whirled around, it lip curling into a sneer. "Like what, exactly? Why don't you admit it you threw that fireball of me?"