Chapter Sixty- Notes

Last chapter before the epilogue🥲👍
—————————————————————————

  Kiyoko drove Yachi, Tanaka, and (Y/n) through the winding streets of Miyagi. Each house they passed looked relatively similar and each one was illuminated by a street lamp, though they were hard to see in the rain.

(Y/n) groaned, feeling her stomach grumble since her and Tanaka hadn't eaten in a while. "Kiyoko~" The girl whined, slumped in her seat. "Can you drive us to get ice cream?" 

"It's late (Y/n) and it's pouring if you couldn't tell." Kiyoko said. The second year groaned. "Kiyoko please! I've never wanted ice cream more in my entire LIFE!"

(Y/n) glanced at Tanaka, breaking character for only a second. The boy took the hint right away and groaned as well. "Please Kiyoko? We haven't eaten anything for a while."

  Kiyoko glanced at the couple in the rear view mirror, a nearby light bouncing of her glasses giving them a silvery gleam. Snickering, the two second years fist bumped, thinking that their upperclassman was going to give in.

  "No." Kiyoko said flatly. (Y/n) and Tanaka flopped back into their seats like children, letting out dramatic sighs.

  "A-actually.." A small voice came from the passenger seat. (Y/n) had honestly forgotten that Yachi was in the car since the first year was small and could sink into the seat.

  "I-I think ice cream is an okay idea.. maybe." Yachi muttered, fidgeting with a looses seam on her t-shirt.

  There was a prolonged silence throughout the car with only rain hitting the windows and the tires against pavement to fill the empty air.

  "Fine." Kiyoko said, before signalling to turn onto a different street. "YES!" The two second years in the back of the car exclaimed, pumping their fists in the air.

The four of them enjoyed the ride as rain continued to pour outside. Yachi had turned on the radio after a few minutes of silence and music played in the background.

  A couple minutes later, the car was pulling up to Coach Ukai's convenience store. "Yachi and I aren't leaving the car, so you two are in charge of getting everyone's ice cream." Kiyoko said, turning around in her seat to look at the two second years.

  (Y/n) and Tanaka both have Kiyoko goofy salutes while laughing at each other. They exclaimed, "Yes ma'am!", before hopping out of the car into the pouring rain.

  The couple ran quickly through the rain and inside the brightly lit convenience store, a wave of warm air blowing pass their faces.

  A bell rang signalling their entrance as they wiped their shoes on the mat they were standing on. "Make it quick please, I'm closing up soon" Ukai said tiredly with a lit cigarette in his mouth, not bothering to look up from his magazine. (Ukai's kinda hot though... ANYWAYS-)

  Tanaka ran over to the freezer, (Y/n) following close behind. They grabbed everything they needed before walking over to the counter and setting everything on it.

  Coach Ukai finally looked up from his magazine, only realizing now that the people who had entered his store were (Y/n) and Tanaka, who were still drenched from the rain.

  "What are you two doing out so late? Especially in weather like this! If either of you catch a cold right before nationals then i hope you know that everyone's going to be mad including me." Ukai lectured the couple as he scanned their treats and put them in a bag.

  He handed Tanaka the bag as (Y/n) handed over the money that everyone in the car had pitched in. "Now go home!"

  As the two second years began walking out the door, Coach Ukai yelled again, making the both of them jump. "AND DON'T CATCH A COLD!"