Chapter 3

(picture of Stiles)
----------------------------
By the end of the day Rose came next to me at my locker and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You wanna come into the woods tonight?" She asked and I shut my locker.

"Why?" I asked and she smiled and leaned closer to me.

"I found something that I want to check out with someone, and your the only person I know that would come" Rose said leaning away and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Rose if you haven't noticed I broke my leg, so going into the woods isn't something I can do" I replied and started making my way to Stiles and Scott but Rose stopped me.

"Please Skyler, I can help you get around I just don't want to go alone" she said and I sighed.

"Fine but we tell my mom that I am staying at your house tonight" I replied and she nodded and walked off, I rolled my eyes and caught up with the boys. "I'm going to hang out with Rose, I'll catch up with you two later" I said and they nodded and I walked out and got into Rose's car and texted my mom.

To mom
From Skyler

Mom, planning on hanging out with Rose will be home later tonight.

I sent it and Rose drove us to the woods, once we got there my phone went off and I looked at it.

To Skyler
From mom

Don't stay too late

I put my phone on my pocket and Rose helped me out of the car.

"I swear Rose, if this is some trick..." I started to say but I turn around to see Rose getting back in her car, she throws my backpack out the window and drove off laughing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped.

"What are you doing here?" The person asked and I looked at him, he was hot and very scary looking, I looked at the ground.

"I.. my friend just left me here, sorry I'm leaving" I said and grabbed my backpack and started hobbling away.

"Wait, what's your name?" The guy asked and I looked at him.

"I'm.. Skyler" I said slowly and he nodded.

"Derek??" Someone yelled sounded like my brother, then Scott comes walking over to us and Scott looked at me. "Skyler what are you doing out here? I thought you were hanging out with Rose?" Scott asked me and I looked at the ground.

"I was but she left me out here, she drove off" I replied and Scott sighed. The guy Derek's fist clinched together and I looked at Scott who had his eyes closed.

"What kind of friend does that?" Derek asked looking at Scott and I frowned.

"Why would you like to know, we just met why do you care?" I asked and Derek glaces at me then back at Scott.

"Someone who isn't a friend of mine or Skyler's" Scott replied and Derek glaces at me once more.

"You better leave, it's much safer for you if you left" Derek said and I frowned.

"I was going to leave but then Scott and you were talking to me" I said turning around and started to leave, I felt a tug in my heart but ignored it. As I left the woods something knock my crutches out from under neither me and I fell. Then red eyes appeared in front of me and I tried crawling away, but the thing grabbed my broken leg and I screamed out, then the thing bite me.

"Skyler?!" Someone yelled and I heard footsteps running towards me "shit" I heard Scott mumble and I was being lifted up, the next thing I know I was gasping and sitting up in my bed, it was completely dark. I looked at my phone, only 2 am, I was panting and I got up reaching for my crutches that weren't in my room.

"Damn it" I whispered and then my door opened and Scott walks in and sat next to me.

"You were bitten last night Skyler" he asked but it sounded like a statement and I nodded. "It's completely healed Skyler, in a matter of hours, even your leg is healed" Scott said and I looked at him "Skyler, I think you are becoming what I am" Scott said.

"So you think I'm becoming a werewolf?" I asked and Scott frowned but nodded, I sighed.

"We have until the next full moon to figure out if you are or not" Scott said and I looked at my bed. "Though Derek thinks you are" Scott added, I raised an eyebrow "he'll explain it to you" Scott said then Derek walks into my room. I looked at Scott as he gets up and glares at Derek as he passes by him. "You hurt her I'm going to hurt you" he whispered and walks out of my room. Derek stands in front of me with his arms folded on his chest and I stared at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I looked away.

"Why would you care?" I whispered and he took a seat on my desk chair looking at me.

"Because you're so called friend, left you in the woods" Derek said leaning towards me and I looked at him, then he mumbled something else that I barely caught. "And because I care for you" he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"We just met why would you care about me?" I asked and he frowned.

"You'll find out later, for now I want you at my place on the full moon" he said standing up and I frowned.

"I'm staying here with Scott" I replied and Derek gave me a glare "fine" I mumbled and he nodded and got up.

"Be at my place by moon rise" he said "another thing" he said as he started to leave "act like you're leg is still broken, even though it is healed" Derek said and I nodded then he walked out of my room, I opened my mouth to say something but closed it.

"Why.." I started to ask after Derek left my room, why would I want him to stay? I thought and laid back down on my bed, but I couldn't go back to sleep. My alarm went up but I was still awake so I turned it off and got up, my crutches were next to my bed and I got up and grabbed them.

"Skyler! Wake up!" Scott yelled through the door and I frowned.

"Already up" I said back and my door opened and Scott came in with a shocked expression.

"How are you already up?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"I couldn't sleep after you guys talked to me" I said then Stiles ran into my room.

"Dude I heard what happened, you okay?" He said and I nodded.

"Stiles what are you doing here?" Scott asked and stiles looked at him.

"I'm picking up you guys" he said and holds up his keys.

"Did mom allow this?" I asked Scott and he nodded.

"Yeah she ungrounded us yesterday" he replied and I nodded. I got ready for school and went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Stiles whispering to Scott and I frowned.

"What are you two whispering about?" I asked them and they looked at me then at each other.

"Nothing" Stiles says and Scott hits him "ow!" Stiles says.