Chapter 16

I stared at Scott as he looked between me and Derek with a confused look.

"Where is he?" I heard Annabelle yell from the front, I looked at Isaac and he walked out front and came back with Annabelle and she ran over to Scott. "You okay?" She asked and Scott nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine, how did you know I got hurt?" He asked Annabelle and she looks at me.

"I'm just now explaining it to him" I said and annabelle nodded. "You remember when we were younger I loved watching werewolf shows and movies?" I asked Scott and he nodded "remember when I forced you to watch one with me and in the show there was something called mates?" I asked and Scott nodded again.

"Are you telling me there are actual mates in the world?" Scott asked me and I nodded.

"My mate" I said putting a hand on Derek's arm "is Derek" I said and Scott growled.

"No, I don't want you to be with him he kills people" Scott said and I frowned.

"I do not kill people" Derek said and Scott looked at him "I just protect the things I love" Derek said and he looked at me.

"Yours, master Scott, is Annabelle" I said looking at Annabelle and Scott frowned.

"She threatened you and almost killed you" Scott said and I chuckled.

"She only acted out of jealousy" I said and looked at Scott who looked back at me.

"Why? There's nothing to be jealous of" Scott said looking at Annabelle.

"I thought you two were together" Annabelle said looking at the ground. I looked at Derek as he slipped out of the back room, I looked at Annabelle and then I slipped out and followed Derek, he was standing in the front back facing me and I put a hand on his shoulder and he looked at me.

"I think Scott hates me" he whispered and I looked at him.

"No, I don't think so, I think he'll understand you once he figures out Annabelle loves him" I said and Derek turned to face me. "Just like how I love you" I said and Derek smiled the smile that I loved.

"I love you too" he said and I chuckled.

"You owe me a new phone by the way" I said and Derek sighed.

"I know I'll get you one tomorrow" he said, he pulled me into his chest and exhaled.

"You okay?" I asked and I felt him nodded, I looked up at him and he was staring at me "what?" I asked and Derek chuckled.

"Instead of you asking me if I'm okay, let me ask you, are you okay?" Derek asked and I nodded.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because, you got stuck in the elevator two different times already, which is making me question weather or not to make you take the stairs in the back instead of the elevator, and got kidnapped not once but twice in the last week" Derek said and I chuckled a little.

"I'm fine, I promise, I'm a tough girl" I said and Derek laughed.

"Yeah you are" he said and leaned in to kiss me but someone cleared their throat and Derek looked at them.

"I don't want you kissing my sister" Scott said and I looked at him "we need to get home, we got school tomorrow" Scott said and I groaned and pulled away from Derek.

"Fine" I said and walked out of the clinic behind Scott and Stiles, I looked behind me at Derek who was talking to Isaac and got into Stiles jeep. I was in the back with my arms folded and leaning against the seat, Scott looks at me.

"Are you mad at me?" Scott said and I looked at the window.

"No" I said trying not to sound rude but it didn't sound like it.

"She's mad at me" Scott said looking at Stiles who shrugged.

"I would be too if you made me stay away from my mate if I were Skyler" Stiles said and Scott frowned.

"You know that they were mates didn't you?" Scott asked and Stiles looked at me through his mirror and I shook my head.

"Nope, it's the first time I heard about it" Stiles said and kept driving.

"Lier" Scott said and Stiles rolled his eyes and pulled into our driveway.

"Bye you guys" Stiles said, I got out of the jeep before Stiles said anything, Scott got out after me and pulled me to a stop I exhaled and looked at him trying not to get mad.

"I'm sorry Sky, but I don't think Derek is a good person for you" Scott said and I pulled away from Scott.

"You don't tell me what to do Scott, you may be older than me but I have a life too, I want to live it" I said and Scott sighed.

"I know that, I just don't want you to get hurt" Scott said and I frowned.

"I get to decide my life Scott, now let's go in before mom gets mad" I said and walked into the house with Scott behind me.

"Sky, you want to sleep in my room or no?" Scott asked as we walked upstairs.

"I rather sleep in my room, I need to be alone" I said and walked into my room, then someone knocked on the door and Scott went to go see who it is.

"Isaac? What are you doing here?" I heard Scott say and I started panicking, I raced downstairs and Isaac looked at me.

"I need a place to stay" Isaac said and Scott looked at me then back at Isaac "Derek kicked me out, said he was-" Isaac said but my eyes widened and I blocked him out, I almost fell but Scott caught me.

"Skyler" Scott said but it was echoed "Skyler what's wrong?" He kept saying but it was echoed, I started feeling dizzy.

'no... He can't leave me already' I thought and Scott sat me down on the couch, Scott turned to Isaac and was talking to him, Isaac got out his phone and started pacing. Then Isaac started talking, and every once in a while Isaac would look at me and nod.

"Well?!" Scott yelled as I blinked trying to come back and I started hearing things better.

"He says he's on his way, something is wrong, what's going on?" Isaac said and looks at me.

"I don't know" Scott said and someone knocked on the door, Scott went and opened it, I started getting dizzy again then Derek was in my face.

"Isaac what did you do?" Derek asked looking at Isaac for a second and then back to me.

"All I said was I needed a place to stay because you were-" Isaac started to get blocked out again.

"Idiot" Derek's voice echoed and Derek looked at Isaac, I could tell Derek was yelling but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

'he can't leave me.... He can't' I thought then Derek was in my face again, his lips were moving but I couldn't hear him. 'hes leaving me' I thought, Derek wiped my check, I figured that I was crying.

"Skyler?" I heard Scott and I looked at him "did you hear Derek?" Scott asked and I shook my head.

"Im not leaving for forever Sky" Derek's voice echoed and I looked at him. "Just for a few weeks" Derek's voice kept echoing, I stood up and ran upstairs ignoring everyone yelling my name.