Chapter 20

(picture of Scott's and Skyler's dad)
-----------------------------------------------------
"Skyler!" Scott yelled through my door and I froze, I got off Derek and he went out the window and I opened the door. "We have a guest" he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Who?" I asked and Scott exhaled.

"Get ready, and meet me downstairs, you will see" Scott said and I nodded and walked into my bathroom and took a quick shower. After my shower I got dressed and finished getting ready, I grabbed my leather jacket that Derek gave me, and my purse and my phone and walked downstairs.

"Scott?" I asked and rounded the corner to see Scott's back and my father standing there.

"Skyler" my dad said and I looked at Scott who looked back at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and I looked back at my dad.

"I'm here for a job that I was requested to do" he answered and I frowned.

"So I'm guessing your leaving straight after?" Scott asked and our dad looked at us.

"I might have to but I really don't want to" our dad said then looked at me ready to go "where are you going dressed like that?" He asked and I frowned.

"I'm going out with a friend, and I'm allowed to dress how I want to dress" I replied then my phone started ringing "I have to take this" I said and walked to the living room and pulled out my phone and answered it. "Hello?" I asked.

"Are you ready or do you need a few more minutes?" Derek asked and I looked over my shoulder to see Scott and Isaac talking to my dad.

"I'm ready, how long do you think you'll be here?" I asked and it was quite for a second.

"15 minutes maybe less" Derek said and I nodded.

"Okay see you then" I said and he hung up and I walked back to the kitchen and put a hand on Scott's shoulder. "My friend will be here in 15" I said and Scott nodded.

"You can go now dad, I don't think mom will be happy to see you here" Scott said pointing to the front door and dad looked between me and Scott.

"I would like to meet that friend of Skyler's" dad said and I frowned.

"No you need to leave now" I said and dad walked towards me.

"I would like to see who you are hanging out with, I'm making sure you are not hanging out with the wrong people" dad said and I frowned more.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine" I replied and I heard Derek's car pull up. "I'm leaving now bye" I said and waved at Scott and Isaac, both of them waved back and I walked out the door and into Derek's car, I looked at my house then at Derek.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded then Derek drove off just as dad walked out of the house. Derek looks at me quickly and then back at the road. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"So where are we going?" I asked and Derek gave me a quick glance and then back at the road.

"It's a surprise, you'll see" he said and I frowned.

"But I wanna know what it is" I said looking over at him, he was wearing the matching leather jacket to mine and he was wearing a blue v-neck shirt and black pants.

"Too bad, you don't want the surprise ruined do you?" He asked and I shook my head. "Then stop asking me questions and just sit there patiently" he said chuckling and grabbed my hand to hold it.

"Fine" I whined and watched the road and watched everything in beacon hills go by. Then my phone goes off and I groaned letting go of Derek's hand and grabbed my phone and answered it "yello?" I asked.

"Where are you?" Stiles voice came through my phone and I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm with Derek, we are going somewhere why?" I asked looking at Derek who glances at me then the road.

"There's been a murder, might want to get down here we are at the school" Stiles said and I groaned.

"Can't you guys take care of it?" I asked and Derek looked at me.

"Put him on speaker" he said and I put Stiles on speaker "Stiles what's the problem?" Derek asked.

"There's been a murder, if you and your girlfriend can come to the school to help out that would be great" Stiles replied and I looked at Derek as he starts to drive again.

"No can do Stiles, we just drove out of beacon hills" Derek said and I looked at the sign saying 'now leaving beacon hills' and I looked at Derek. "Besides who's all with you right now?" Derek continued asking.

"Well, there's Scott, Annabelle, Isaac and the twins but Scott requested me to call for you two" Stiles said and I frowned.

"Stiles give Scott the phone" I said and I heard movement.

"Is it my sister?" I heard Scott asked "when the lastest you two can be here?" Scott asked and I looked at Derek.

"We won't make it until later, we just left beacon hills, I told you where I'm taking Skyler, it's a long drive" Derek said and I frowned.

"Besides, with everyone there, you should be able to figure it out until I get back" I added.

"True, well I'll keep you posted on anything we find out, if you get any information tell us" Scott said and I looked at Derek who nodded.

"Well do, bye Scott" I said and I hanged up when Scott said bye. I put my phone away and looked at Derek "so it's a far drive?" I asked and Derek nodded.

"Don't ask anymore questions" he said and I sighed.

"But I don't like surprises it gives me anxiety" I whined and Derek looked at me and laughed.

"I promise you, you will like this surprise, I even asked your mom if it was alright do to this, and she said yes but there's rules on this, I will tell you when we get there" he said and sighed and looked out the window, Derek looked at the review mirror and frowned.

"Everything okay?" I asked looking at him and he frowned even more.

"That car has been following us since we drove past the station" Derek replied and I looked out the back window, I frowned.

"That's my father's car, why is he following us?" I asked and Derek looked at me then the road.

"You're father is in town?" He asked and I nodded "since when?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I found out this morning before we left, he should not be following us" I answered and Derek looked at my dad's car. "Here, pull in here see if he follows" I said pointing at a gas station, Derek pulls into the gas station and parks, sure enough my father follows and parks away from us.

"I swear" Derek mumbled and I looked at him then sighed.

"Stay here, I'll handle it" I said and Derek sighed but nodded, I got out of the car and walked over to my dad's car and tapped on his window, he rolled it down.

"Skyler, what are you doing here?" He asked and I frowned.

"Don't be like that dad, you've been following me for the last 30 minutes" I said and he frowned.