Chapter 8

I pulled out my phone and looked at the new notification.

To Skyler
From Derek

Outside of the school

I looked at Scott who was walking over to me and Annabelle.

"Uh excuse me" I said and quickly walked out of the school and looked around and saw Derek leaning against his car, he pushes off his car as I walked towards him.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, he looked at me.

"She's jealous of me" I said randomly and I looked at Derek.

"Doesn't surprise me, you are beautiful" Derek said and I looked at the ground. "I'll be here all day, making sure she doesn't do anything to you okay?" He said and I nodded. "Just make sure you are not alone when around her okay?" He asked and I nodded again.

"What if she corner's me?" I asked and Derek looks at me and sighs.

"I'll be there as soon as I can if she does, I'll be watching all day" he replies and I nodded, then the school bell rings.

"I got to go" I said and ran into school and into my English class, I walked to my seat and saw Annabelle sitting in my chair and I frowned, Scott looked at me and shrugged.

"I tried but she didn't listen" Scott told me and I sat in the back of the class. Our teacher came in and started taking attendance.

"Where's Skyler?" She asked and I raised my hand "why are you back there?" Our teacher asks and then saw Annabelle in my spot. "What is your name?" The teacher asked walking to Annabelle.

"Annabelle, ma'am" Annabelle replies and the teacher nodded.

"Switch with Skyler please" our teacher said, Annabelle looked over at me and glared but we switched spots, then our teacher started with the lesson. I looked out the window and saw Derek leaning against a pole watching Annabelle, he glaces over at me and smiled then back at Annabelle. "Alright class dismissed" our teacher said and we all started packing up our things. "Skyler can you stay behind for a few minutes?" My teacher asked me as I started for the door, I turned around and nodded, then walked over to her.

"Yes ma'am?" I asked and my teacher looked at me.

"Skyler, is there something going on with your family or anything?" The teacher asked and I shook my head.

"No ma'am" I replied and the teacher nodded.

"Alright that's all I guess" she said and I nodded and walked out of the class room, I then fell against the lockers and my head started to feel all dizzy, I saw Stiles run up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Sky, breath" he said and I exhaled "you need to get in control, you're shifting" Stiles says and I closed my eyes and listened to Stiles heartbeat, but it didn't work. "Skyler think of someone, think of Scott or me or anyone" Stiles said and I thought about Derek and I exhaled as I gained control. "There you go, keep breathing" Stiles says and I inhaled and exhaled and then I looked at him.

"Thank you" I said and walked away with Stiles going into our next class. I sat down in my seat as annabelle sat in the back.

"You'll never be good enough for him, you know that Skyler?" Annabelle asked and I growled. "He doesn't want someone who looks like you or who is you" she said and I stood up and walked towards coach's office. I knocked on his door and he looked at me.

"McCall number two, what?" He asked.

"May I use the restroom sir?" I asked through my teeth and he nodded, I quickly walked out of the class and into the girls bathroom. I fished out my phone and I leaned against a wall.

To Derek
From Skyler

Need help

I hit sent and fell to the floor with my hands in my hair, gripping my hair tightly. I hit my head against the wall as I felt my claws coming out of my nails and my fangs, the bathroom door opened and I closed my eyes.

"Skyler" Derek's voice came into the bathroom and I opened my eyes looking at him, he kneeled in front of me and stared at me. "Look at me" he said and I looked at him "breath" he whispered and helped me stand up as I inhaled and exhaled.

"She.." I started but Derek shook his head.

"Tell me later okay? Right now you need to calm down" he replied and pulls me into a hug and I inhaled his scent and exhaled.

"Okay" I whispered and I sighed.

"You're okay, okay? I told you I promise to help you" Derek said and I nodded.

"Okay, I probably should get back to class" I said and Derek nodded.

"You need to keep your anger in control especially tonight" Derek said and I nodded.

"Promise, I'll text you if anything else happens" I said and Derek nodded and I started walking out the bathroom but Derek stopped me, I looked at him and he pulls me into his chest and kissed me, I immediately kissed him back. I pulled away and walked into my history class and sat down with a smile on my face.

"Skyler" Scott said looking at me and I looked back "you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm better, be careful though Scott, I almost wolfed out twice today" I replied and Scott looked at me then at coach.

"It's the full moon tonight, keep your anger in control no matter what she says" Scott replied and I nodded, Derek already told me to keep my anger in check.

"See, he wants nothing to do with you" Annabelle whispered and I looked at her and smiled then looked back at coach. Coach was talking about the history of our town and everything, I grinned listening to him, then the bell rang, everyone started getting packed up and leaving the class. Me, Scott and Stiles walked towards mine and Scott's locker's and we stood there.

"Why did you leave the room?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"I told you I was starting to wolf out" I whispered and Scott looked at me.

"How did you control it?" He asked and I bit my lip. "Sky, if there's something you are not telling me, tell me" Scott said and I looked at Stiles who shook his head.

"I just thought of you it helped me control it, your my anchor" I lied and Scott nodded slowly.

"Are you lying?" Scott asked and I shook my head. "Okay, let's get to class" Scott said and we all walked into biology. I sighed as I sat behind Stiles and he turned to look at me.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, Scott sat next to Stiles and turned to me.

"Does Derek want you to be at his place before night fall?" Scott asked and I shrugged.

"Don't know, I can text him really quick to see" I said and Scott nodded and I pulled out my phone.

To Derek
From Skyler

What time do you want me at your place?

I sent the message and looked up front as the teacher walks in, then the teacher started talking and teaching us, by the time the lunch bell came around I was dead inside, I really hated school, luckily there's two classes left.