Chapter 17

I was crawled up on my bed crying, I didn't want Derek to leave me, even if it was for a few weeks, I don't have a phone to talk to him. I don't want to be a clingy girlfriend, but that's what I am, I'm a clingy girlfriend, if that's what I am to Derek.

"Skyler" I heard Scott say and I looked at him, he walked over to my bed and sat down as I sat up. "I'm sorry" he said and pulls me into a hug.

"I don't want him to leave Scott" I muttered and Scott sighed.

"I know you don't, maybe you should talk to him before he leaves" Scott said and looks at me, I look back and I exhaled and nodded. "He's still downstairs waiting for you" Scott said and I stood up, and walked towards the stairs with Scott behind me, I made my way downstairs and looked at Derek's back, he turned and looked at me.

"Skyler..." Derek started but I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him and started crying. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. "I promise I'll be back, and I will call you every day" Derek said and I looked at him.

"I don't have a phone" I said as Derek pulls out a new phone from his pocket and hands it to me.

"You do now, it as all your contacts and pictures, I couldn't leave without getting you a new phone like I promised" Derek said and I took it, I opened the camera app, I handed the phone to Isaac and kissed Derek, I heard the camera shutter close and Derek kissed me back. We turn to Isaac who smiled and took another picture then handed me the phone.

"There" I whispered and Derek looked at me.

"Send me those we will have matching backgrounds, just so people know that you are mine and I am yours" Derek said and I smiled.

"That's gross" Scott said and I looked at Scott and stuck my tongue at him.

"Hey Derek?" I asked looking at him and he looked back.

"Come on Isaac I'll show you to your room" Scott said and both Isaac and Scott left.

"What are we? Besides mates?" I asked and Derek laughed at this which made me frown.

"Skyler McCall, will you be my girlfriend? I know that this is bad timing but I wanted to ask you before I left" Derek said and he kept rambling and I put a hand on his lips and chuckled.

"Yes, I will be, and you better keep your promise, and call me everyday and text me morning and night" I said and Derek laughed and nodded.

"Of course" he replied and kisses me then walks to the door, "bye Skyler I'll be back before you know it" Derek said and I smiled then he walked out of the house, I broke down and fell to the ground crying. Isaac walks downstairs with Scott behind him and both of them sat on the floor and hugged me.

"I can't believe he left" I said and Isaac sighed.

"Yeah but at least you have me, Scott and Stiles" Isaac said and I nodded.

"Yeah..." I said and looked at them and I sighed "it just won't be the same without him" I said and Scott looked at me.

"Why don't you call Annabelle and see if she wants to hang out tomorrow? You could use some girl time" Scott said and I looked at him and shook my head.

"I just want to be alone" I said and got off the floor and walked to my room shutting the door. I got changed into my pajamas and crawled into my bed, I stared at the ceiling. I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up from a fright, I exhaled and looked at my phone and saw a new message.

To Skyler
From Derek

Love you, I will call you tomorrow

I exhaled and got up from my bed and walked out of my room, I walked to Scott's room and opened the door, I peeked my head in to see him sleeping so I walked in. I pulled Scott's covers back a little and got into his bed, Scott opened his eyes a little and smiled then moved over. He closed his eyes again and was fast asleep again, I closed my eyes and fell asleep again. I woke up again to being shook awake, I groaned and I saw Scott still asleep and I turned my head to see Isaac standing there.

"I didn't know you two slept together" Isaac said and went to shake Scott.

"We don't, it is only a temporary thing" I said getting up and kicking Scott who bolted straight up.

"What do you mean?" Isaac said as he walks to the door and I quickly follow him and got into my room.

"I mean, we rarely sleep together, I had a nightmare last night so I crawled into Scott's bed" I said and got changed in my bathroom and got ready for school.

"Oh" was all Isaac said and I walked downstairs to see Stiles sitting at the table.

"Hey Stiles" I said and Stiles looked at me then hugged me.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm going to kick his werewolf ass" he said and I rolled my eyes and looked at the ground.

"Don't he'll win" Scott said and I looked up at him. "Anyways, do you guys know that the twins want in my-" Scott said and I glared at him "I mean our pack?" Scott corrected himself.

"Pfft, that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard" Stiles said and Scott nodded.

"Wait you're not actually thinking about letting them join are you?" Isaac said and Scott looked at him.

"I'm thinking about it, packs are strong in numbers, but I'm going to give them a task, if they can't handle it for a week they are not in the pack" Scott said and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"And what is this task you plan on giving them? And how do we know that they are going to do it?" Stiles asked and Isaac nodded.

"With Derek gone, I think Skyler needs someone to look after her" Scott said and my eyes widened.

"No" Isaac said and we all looked at him.

"As much as I agree with Isaac, why are you saying no?" I asked and Isaac sighed.

"Before I came here last night Derek asked me to do something when he left and I plan on keeping it" Isaac said and I frowned. "Derek told me to keep an eye on Skyler and look after her" Isaac said folding his arms and I frowned even more.

"Pfft, he should know that I can take care of myself" I said and Scott nodded "both you and him should know by now" I said looking at Scott.

"Let's just go to school" Stiles said and we all grabbed our backpacks and walked out of the house. Me and Isaac hoped into the back and Scott got into the passenger seat of Stiles jeep.

"Did you hear, there saying that there's snow coming" Stiles said and I groaned.

"Why? I hate the snow" I said and Isaac looked at me and chuckled, as Stiles droves to school.