prologue

IMPORTANT: DO NOT LEAVE SEXUAL COMMENTS ON THIS BOOK!!! IT MAKES ME SEVERELY UNCOMFORTABLE AND MAKES ME WANT TO DELETE THE BOOK OFF THIS CITE. Things like "oh no where did my (article of clothing) go" "fuck me" or anything that's insinuating something sexual. This book will never have full fledge smut, if you want that, go somewhere else. If I see any sexual comments be made, I WILL block you.

Warnings: Cursing

        He was a lonely Harbinger, but he didn't have the time to find someone and court them. So he made someone else go do that part for him. He made a new clone. One who represents his younger, most annoying self. He knew that if someone could love him at that time in his life, they'd love him now and would never leave him.

"Find someone for me." He told the clone, "Make sure to develop feelings for them too. If you don't love them, then how could I?"

With that, the clone took off, scouring the lands of Teyvat for the perfect person for his creator.

                                                                                             ***

She steadily walked around the ballroom trying to avoid people the best she could. Y/N held her catalyst close to her chest as she searched for her father. This was not like other balls her father would throw; this one had a very special 'guest'. One of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, Il Dottore. She always tried her best to stay away from the Fatui, but sadly the Fatui came to her this time.

"Ah Maia, have you seen my father anywhere?" Y/N asked one of the maids that was currently catering to the party.

She shook her head "Sorry Lady Y/n. I haven't seen him in a while. Last I heard, he left with a guest that had a strange mask over his face"

"Damn that Fatui man" Y/N mumbled under her breath "Alright thank you!" Maia nodded going back to serving food; while Y/N walked away to who knows where.

~

"I am sorry but I cannot accept this at all!" Mr. L/N said in an angry tone to the offer that was just given by Dottore. Their offer was way too extreme for his liking; giving too many soldiers to the Fatui just for some protection. That is way too absurd and out of the question.

Dottore, visibly angry, tried to quickly formulate another deal. He couldn't possibly let this one slip after losing the last one in Mond. "Fine, what about this?" he said, regaining his composure. "I heard you have a vision user here, do you not?" Mr. L/N sheepishly nodded his head. "Well, then I will take that one vision user instead of taking any of the soldiers!"

The chief of the small village sat there for a moment in deep thought. He was scared of the Fatui, truly, he had a strong feeling that they would wipe the village clean off the map of Teyvat if he didn't accept. This deal was better than the last right? One person or many? It would be a better deal if only it wasn't for the person who was the vision user. His own daughter, Y/N. He didn't want to imagine what this crazy man with a mask would do to her. But he had to put the village first over his own emotions.

With a deep breath, he sadly accepted defeat. "Alright, fine. You will take our one vision user, Y/N. In return, the Fatui doesn't touch the village."

Dottore held an accomplished smile on his face "Great doing business with you! Now I will enjoy the rest of this splendid party you have thrown for me."

With that Dottore stood up from the table and walked out of the private room. Mr. L/N sat there defeated, saddened, and scared. He knew his only daughter, the last of his family, would leave the nest at some point. But not this soon, and definitely not in this way. And he didn't even know how to tell her that she had been sold for the sake of the village.