6: jealousy

Warnings: Cussing, Very short mention of sex

Dottore had gone to do some Fatui business, leaving Y/N alone to do whatever she pleases. She put on her clothes and grabbed her things and took to the streets.

Looking at all the knickknacks and other items in shop windows, she was enjoying the overall feel of the city. She could honestly get used to this. All the different people and commotion.

Although it was pretty chaotic, it was almost comforting in a sense. Plus there would be so many more things to do in the city than back at Dottore's mansion.

The sound of music reached her ears, there was a little concert happening on the other side of the street. She walked across to enjoy this new experience. It was a very eccentric show to say the least. Nothing that Y/N was ever used to. Nonetheless, it was really good. The pretty young girl with a cool accent was singing with passion while strumming the strings of her guitar. With flames and sparks going everywhere, Y/N had never seen anything else like it.

Once the song had finished, Y/N clapped along with the crowd that had gathered around. There were whoops and hollers from everyone watching. This seemed to alert the nearby Millelith of the show.

"Hey you there! You're now allowed to do a show here" the two Millelith soldiers started to jog closer.

"That's my cue to leave then. Thank you all" she said before running off away from the Millelith.

Y/N couldn't help but giggle at the little scene that unfolded before her. But still giddy with the way the music made her feel. She continued on her way exploring until she accidentally bumped into someone that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"I'm so sorry-'' She began apologizing, looking up to see who she had bumped into "Oh! Childe, what a pleasure to see you!"

Childe gives her a warm smile "Hey there Y/N! And no need to apologize, it was my fault."

Y/N gave him a puzzled look "I thought Dottore would be with you. What's he doing?"

"Oh he's off doing something else." He stated, knowing he shouldn't be spilling Fatui secrets. "But, I was just on my way to get some lunch. Care to join?"

Y/N tried to ponder what 'something else' was, but decided to push that aside after all the crazy things Dottore could be up to. She also just questioned why she had just asked about Dottore. Why does she care where he was or what he was doing? This is her vacation, her time away from him. So why has he weaseled his way into her subconscious?

"So is that a yes or no?" Childe brought Y/N out of her thoughts.

"Oh! sorry" she exclaimed out of embarrassment "I would love to have lunch with you"

"Then I'll take you to the best place in all of Liyue, Wanmin Restaurant!" He replied with a smile. He turned around and started walking away. Y/N made sure to try and match his pace but he was pretty quick. "Take this as a 'sorry for making you uncomfortable yesterday'. I really didn't mean to."

The girl gave him a very confused look. "You didn't make me uncomfortable yesterday?" her confusion showed through her voice.

"I didn't" he said surprised "Dottore came to me yesterday and gave me a whole lecture on how I needed to not talk to you. I took that as I made you uncomfortable"

Y/N sighed in frustration at Dottore's antics and how childish he can be. "I'm sorry that he lectured you on that. He can be so unbearable sometimes. I'll just have to have a talk with him about that later."