24: Eyes

Warning: none!!! fluff

Y/N closed her eyes, feeling the light breeze travel past her as she quietly enjoyed the beautiful day. The warm feeling of the sun returned to her skin, breathing in the warm air. It was quite the contrast to the frigid Snezhnayan climate. She hummed quietly, gazing past the grassy fields that held sweet flowers across the land. She began to run her fingers on one of the sweet flowers, feeling its soft and fragile pedal. She glanced up to find Zandik taking his seat beside her, and she flashed him a warm, gentle smile. Zandik and Y/N lay in the center of a flower field. They were having a picnic, suggested by Zandik once they had left Snezhnaya. They were chatting about random topics and daily life.

"We should do this more often!" Y/N exclaimed, happily looking at the clouds in the sky. "This is nice." She hummed, her shoulders relax now as she takes in the quiet nature around her.

"I think so as well." He had his eyes fixed on her. Despite her not being able to see his eyes, she could feel his gaze burning through her and her face warmed up. "The place, day, and person I am with are all perfect." She got flustered at his comment and lightly hit his arm. "I wouldn't just pick all of this for nothing."

He moved around to face her better, pulling a small box out of his pocket. He opened it, smiling at her, waiting for his response. She knew he wanted to marry her, due to his constant declaring her 'his wife' in front of others. But she never expected a formal proposal from him.

She was stunned, this was the last thing she expected to come out of this outing. Yet something felt off. "I've never seen your face." She told him the issue. "How could I marry someone who's hidden themselves behind a mask?" She teased lightly, tilting her head to the side with a cheeky smile.

"Then take it off." He told her with no hesitation.

She reached her hand to his mask, gently wrapping her hands around the beak-like part. She slowly lifted it away, but before she could fully remove it, she awoke from Inna's touch. She didn't know whether to be mad or relieved that she had been woken up.

"Inna." She greeted tiredly, with a yawn. Inna politely greeted her in response, with the usual follow-up of the daily routine for today. However, Y/N was focused on the occurrence of her recent dream, eyebrows furrowed now in concentration.

Whatever his face would've looked like in her dream, it wouldn't be what he really looked like, due to her only seeing the younger version. The dream kept playing on loop in her mind as she put on her outfit for the day.

The more it played, the more errors she saw in it. She kept telling herself that it was only a dream. His mannerisms, words, and even the outfit were all wrong. He would never do, nor say the sweet things he had done for her in that dream. He was not romantic like that, he always preferred to do things the way he wanted, and she knew that all too well.

"Master highly suggests joining him for breakfast this morning." Inna snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Oh!" She turned her attention to Inna. "Alright then."

"I think he has a surprise for you." She didn't think, she knew. But she was searching for a reaction from Y/N.

"Okay." She said, already back in her own thoughts, not paying attention to Inna's words.

Inna kept a smile on her face as Y/N walked out of the room, heading towards the dining hall. Even though she had deduced that everything about the dream was incorrect, and would never happen, she couldn't help her mind drifting off to the thought of him getting down on one knee in front of her. Those kinds of thoughts were quickly brushed off as idiotic.