14: dark night hero

Warning: Cursing, very slight sexual things, fighting, alcohol

She awoke to the sun shining brightly through the window. Dottore's arms were still wrapped tightly around her waist, not wanting to let her go. She tried her best to move around in Dottore's death grip but ultimately failed.

With all of her stirring, Dottore woke up. "Stop moving-" he grumbled pulling her closer.

"I want to get up," She replied shortly.

"No." He muttered, his tone coming off harsher than he meant it. "You're so warm and comfortable." He nuzzled his head into her back. She scooted down before being able to turn around to face him, their noses practically touching. "Morning beautiful~"

"Let me go, please," She begged.

With a grunt of disagreement, he let go of her, letting her get up. He watched her movements intensely as she stretched, grabbed some clothes from her suitcase, and walked into the bathroom to fulfill her morning routine. He rolled over in the bed, missing her comfort. He soon got out of bed, knowing their day had started. He opened his case that was laying on the table, grabbing the clothes that he would wear for the day.

He knocked on the bathroom door. "Wear something that you don't mind getting wet."

"Why?" She questioned.

"You'll see!" was all he replied before walking away to get changed. "I was also thinking about having breakfast delivered to the room," he said loud enough that she could hear from the bathroom.

She pondered the idea for a moment before replying. "I'd prefer to eat downstairs with everyone else if that's okay with you". In all honesty, she had never really seen how other Fatui members acted with each other. Back at the mansion she rarely saw Fatuus interact, whenever she would round the corner they'd stiffen and scurry away to go do the work they were supposed to be doing. Knowing she was Dottore's partner, they saw her as a superior like Dottore himself and would treat her as such. So she was hoping to get the chance to not be treated as a higher-up here.

Dottore let out a sad sigh, wanting to spend breakfast in the room with her. But this whole vacation was about her and what she wanted to do. She exited the bathroom just as Dottore finished getting his clothes on. Swimming trunks and a nice shirt to be exact.

"Beautiful as always darling~" Dottore charmed.

"Thank you," She replied with a soft smile. "You're definitely dressing differently today."

"Well, I had to wear something that'd fit the occasion more" He gestured towards his swimwear.

"No? Really? I thought you'd wear your fancy outfit to swim." She sarcastically joked as she started walking out the door.

Dottore followed behind her as they headed to the dining hall. "Who said anything about swimming? I didn't."

She rolled her eyes at his antics "Ah yes; We're just going to go hiking in Dragonspine in our swimsuits."

"Exactly" He simply stated with a small smirk on his lips.

As they entered the dining hall, all conversations that were going on, abruptly stopped. All eyes laid upon Dottore and his lover. They couldn't believe that someone would want to be with him, like everyone else that comes across the strange couple. Dottore acted like nothing was wrong at all and headed straight for an empty table to sit at. Y/N followed behind, looking back at the Fatuus, uncomfortable from their stares.