7: boundaries

Warning: Cussing

She awoke to a knock at her door. Unwillingly she got up from the bed and shuffled over to see who was there.

Opening the door she lazily asked "Can I help you?" but was met with no one.

She looked down to find a letter with her name prettily written on the back, and accompanied by a nice bouquet of flowers only found in Liyue.

Confused, she picked them up and walked back into the room. Laying the flowers on the bed, she opens the letter that reads:

Y/N,

I would like to apologize for my actions yesterday. If you wouldn't mind joining me at my old lab, North of Lingju Pass, I would like to have a chat.

Dottore

It seems like Dottore also wanted to talk about what happened. Although the flowers and note were a sweet jester, his directions weren't very easy to follow. She was now North of Lingju Pass, just like the note instructed, not knowing where else to go from here. No one else was around for her to ask where she was supposed to go. So she was left to wander, hoping she would find her way there.

Dottore started to wonder if she was actually going to show up. It had been some time since he had left the note and flowers for her. This was irritating him, he had gone out of his way to try and apologize and she doesn't want to hear it?

"Fine then" he grumbled to himself as he got up from his seat in the lab.

He thought that he'd go find her and see what she was doing. She's supposed to be listening to his apology and forgiving him. He angrily exits the lab and walks down the steps.

Passing some disabled ruin guards that he had left there, he continued to grumble. "'You're in love with me'. Yeah and what about it. Can't a man have emotions"

He stopped under the decrepit archway and saw Y/N looking around, seemingly lost. A smile appeared on his lips as he realized that she wasn't blowing him off, but just lost.

As if she felt his eyes on her she turned around and saw him. She let out a soft sigh of relief that she had managed to find her way to where Dottore was.

She started making her way over to him as he just watched "You need to be more descriptive in your directions," she informed

"I was perfectly clear on where you needed to go" He gave her a sweet smile as they joked around, like they weren't about to talk about some serious issues between the two.

"Ah yes! How dumb could I be? 'North of Lingju Pass' should have led me right to you" she sarcastically jabbed.

"Well you made it, so it doesn't matter anyways." He turned away starting to walk back to the lab

"Yeah, sure, whatever, you blue haired bastard," She said under her breath.

He still caught it though. But instead of retorting against the nickname, he just rolled his eyes. "this way"

She followed him into the strange but fascinating building. It was absolutely massive. It had a steampunk vibe to it. All of the working gears clinking away. She looked at everything in amazement.

'So this is the kind of stuff Dottore does' She thought to herself

Dottore opened a door into a smaller room "This is my office, we can talk in here"

He held the door open for her and closed it once she had fully entered. Running over to the desk, he pulled out a chair for her. Leaning himself against the desk, he waited for her to sit.