3: strawberry french toast

Warnings: Cursing; Aggression; Disturbing-ish depictions

It's been a few months since Dottore took her from her home and made her start working for him. It was another morning of her working on a big stack of papers. Many nights were spent in that room, in that chair, reading and writing. Yet, she hasn't seen Dottore do any paperwork, ever. But at this point, she could care less about that. At least this work gives her something to do. Even though it was very, very boring. The relationship between her and Dottore got a bit better. She's learned how to deal with the Harbinger's comments, childish tendencies, and just him overall.

She finished up the fifth paper of the day. She was doing her work pretty fast but she wanted to do something different today. Getting up and stretching, she thought about what to do. She deserves a break, but what to do.

Just on que, her stomach started to grumble in need of food. And with that she decided what she was going to do. She would cook her specialty, Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. It was something her mom used to make all the time and she learned how to make it when she was younger. She's been making it for her and her father for years, so to say that her Strawberry French Toast was good, is a deep understatement.

She happily made her way to the kitchen to see what ingredients she already had and which ones she would need, making sure to write everything down on a piece of paper so she wouldn't forget anything. She then left the kitchen, got a small bag of mora, a basket and left for the town.

The walk was quiet and calm. The sky was clear, the air was warm and there was a slight breeze. She happily breathed in the fresh air and looked up to the geese flying above. She felt good. She was getting out of that stingy office, going on a walk. On top of that, she's making her mom's food. It was one of the best day's she's had since she was forced here.

Finally getting to the bustling town. It seemed as if everyone was enjoying this nice day. Children were playing, couples out on walks, almost everyone was out and about, which means the shops were also packed with people buying many different types of things. Y/N walked around with the note in hand, trying to find who was selling the items she needed.

She had to go to a few different stalls to get all the ingredients, but once she was done getting everything she was on her way back. She was growing so much more hungry at this point, but the food would definitely be worth the wait. Her pace was quick as she wanted to get back sooner.

But as always, something had to stop her, a scream for help. She stood there for a second thinking whether or not to investigate. Sighing, she followed the noise to come across a few treasure hoarders surrounding a poor old man.

"C'mon gramps. It's not hard to understand. You give us the money and we won't hurt you. See, it's a win-win." The hoarder asserted. The voice was familiar to her but she couldn't put her finger on it. The guy's back was turned to her so she couldn't see his face.

"Hey! Leave that old man alone!" She shouted in a demanding tone at the hoarders. The man looked at her with hopeful eyes, that said 'thank you so much'

"Why don't you just-" the hoarder turned around to see who was interrupting their mugging. Both Y/N and the hoarders eyes widened as they realized who each other was. The hoarder was the one that tried to pick a fight with Dottore when they went to collect money from Yuval, Vincent. "Oh um, hello there miss"

Things just got very awkward but it seems like they're not going to take the poor man's money, nor harm him. The other hoarder looked between Y/N and Vincent, confused why Vincent backed down so quickly at a girl who was just simply passing by. "Don't worry Vincent, I'll get her," He assured. Advancing, Vincent grabbed him before anything could be done.