25: Ring

Warnings: alcohol; PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END <3

The curtain in Y/N's dark bedroom was opened aggressively. Causing her to wake up with a startled gasp. She jolted up from her laying position to sitting up in her bed. When she looked at who had given her this rude awakening, she was expecting to see Inna's intense stare, but she was met with none other than Zandik.

"Archons." She cussed silently, though she was sure he heard her. "You could have woken me up more gently."

"Good morning to you as well." His tone was monotone, obviously criticizing her for not being so polite. He started walking towards her closet.

"Morning." She replied in an annoyed tone. "Where's Inna?" She questioned, wondering why he is the one waking her up this morning.

"She..." He thought for a moment, trying to find the right words. "Took the day off." He opened the closet dramatically, looking through all of her clothes. This raised Y/N's suspicions, but she didn't question it as she wasn't a large fan of Inna to begin with.

Even though he had seen all of her outfits, she still was embarrassed with him being the one picking out what she was going to wear, especially knowing the monstrosities he prefers. "I can dress myself, you know." She rushed over to him, trying to get him to stop.

He had already picked a dress and started to pull it out for her. "I have events arranged for today." He told her, holding the dress up to her, already imagining her in it.

It was the same one she was forced to wear for the Fatui meeting a couple of months ago. She sighed knowing that she couldn't get out of this. If they were to be out in public together, she must dress to his standards. "What do you have planned for us?"

"First we shall have breakfast in the billiard room. I assumed we could play chess while we ate." He handed the dress over to her.

"That sounds nice." She commented, knowing damn well she was terrible at chess and there was no way she would beat him. Even if she was one of the best chess players in the world, he would still somehow find a way to outsmart her. "What else?"

"I bought us both tickets for the opera this afternoon." He told her proudly, knowing how hard it would be to get the tickets on such short notice for any normal person. "Then I thought we would end the night off by cooking dinner."

"You're going to cook dinner with me?" She questioned in disbelief.

He hesitated for a mere second, knowing that he would most likely just sit back and watch her. "Why of course."

She looked at him, still suspicious of all of this. "And what's the occasion?"

He seemed to think a moment for himself in how to respond. "Quality time. That's all." He simply responded, his eyes casted back towards her momentarily. Y/N couldn't read his expression, which worried her slightly.

"Okay..." Y/N mumbled back, biting back her distaste for the dress as Zandik exited the room, allowing her a moment to change. She made her way to getting ready for the next few minutes, in order to look presentable in Zandik's eyes. Once she had finished, she added her mothers necklace to the outfit. Afterwards, she made her way to exit her room.

She makes her way to the billiards room he previously stated for their breakfast. She peered into the room, spotting Zandik by a large table next to the window. He had a chess board prepared in front of him, and he sat quietly with his hands in front of him as he inspected a bishop piece. His eyes immediately went for Y/N once he saw her head peek in.