18: Warm Winter Coat

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ME

Warnings: very very vague mention of sex

"How was the bathroom floor?" Zandik snarkily asked her as she emerged from the bathroom.

"I slept in the tub." She said like he should've known "And it was quite comfortable!" She wasn't completely lying. It was comfortable until she woke up with a crick in her neck.

Zandik turned away from her, not appreciating the attitude she was using toward him. "It'd be best if you dressed warmly." He told her.

She didn't reply, only went over to her luggage case and opened it to find the warmest clothes she owned. She went to go back into the bathroom to change before Zandik spoke up again "You're not going to lock yourself in there again, aren't you?"

She looked at him confused. "No, I'm just going to change."

"I mean there's really no need for that." He scoffed.

Anger and a bit of fear were laced in her voice. "What do you mean by that?" Many different scenarios of either him or the clone snooping on her when she was changing.

"I mean I've seen you in a bathing suit." Even though his eyes were hidden behind his mask, she could tell he was examining her body. "I've seen plenty of naked bodies, it's not that hard to fill in the missing pieces."

She interpreted the 'plenty of naked bodies' in a sexual way when it was far from the truth. She felt disgusted like she was being looked at as an object. "It's not the same though-" She would've thought that he would know that, being a doctor and all.

"It really is. Of course, there are different features on each body but they're all fundamentally the same."

"You know just how to flatter a woman." She walked into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind her.

Zandik stood there, wondering what he had said wrong. "I'm merely stating facts!" He told her through the door.

Y/N ignored his mumblings as she changed into her clothes. Once she finally exited the bathroom she saw him in a long white cloak that had the Fatui symbol embedded in it. Zandik went to say something else but quickly shut his mouth and gave her an odd look.

"What?" She asked, unamused and already done with him and it's been less than an hour.

"I told you, you're going to want to dress warmly."

"This is warm." She told him, motioning at her outfit like he couldn't see it before.

Zandik couldn't help but burst out into laughter, making her frown. "If you say so!" he continued to giggle as he exited the room.

Y/N looked down at her outfit, second-guessing her choices. She rummaged through the clothes in her case and found nothing warmer to wear. She then left the room too, finding Zandik in the dining room, already filling up his plate with food.

She got her plate of food and sat with him. After finishing his bite, he began to speak. "Once we get closer to Snezhnaya, we'll get you some better winter clothes."

Wanting to resist, still hurt by his laughter towards her, she shook her head "No need. I'll be fine in this."

Zandik cracked a smile, trying to resist laughing again. "Whatever you want darling."

The rest of breakfast was spent in silence. Once they had both finished their food, they headed back to the room, packed their bags, and left. In the carriage, Zandik tried to start a conversation again. "At least this time you ate breakfast. So you won't eat all of our snacks."