23: Heads of the Fatui

Warnings: cussing

Inna helped Y/N button up the back of the hideous dress. Once she finishes with the corset, she backs away and politely folds her hands together as she gets a full look of the outfit. "You look stunning!" She complimented.

"Thanks," Y/N responded slowly, trying to be nice. She still hated the dress but none of the clothes she had designed were ready yet. So in the end, she was stuck with this one.

While Y/N stayed, looking at herself in the mirror, Inna walked over to the vanity, picking out the extravagant necklace Zandik had gotten her. Y/N saw this in the reflection of the mirror "Oh no," she told Inna, turning around and walking up to the vanity. "I want to wear a different one."

"Master said you were to wear this one with that dress." She interjected, trying to hand the necklace towards her.

"Well, he can deal with it then." Y/N picked out the necklace that was her mother's. "I want to wear this one."

"It is a very beautiful necklace, but I don't think Master will be happy with it." She again tried to hand her the necklace Zandik was expecting her to wear.

"Well, if you're so worried about losing your job or something..." She clipped the necklace around her neck and walked back over towards the mirror to get one final look, "..I'll tell him that you tried really hard." Y/N wasn't having it. Inna could tell.

"But-" She protested as if she couldn't wrap her head around Y/N not doing what Zandik wants. "You have to."

Y/N turned around to Inna out of confusion as to why Inna was saying she had to do anything. Before she could say another word, Zandik walked in without knocking or giving an indication that he was entering. He had his coat on, over his normal clothes.

Inna immediately turned to him, bowing slightly before greeting him. "Good morning Master."

Zandik paid no attention to her, as he asked Y/N. "Are you done? We have to depart soon if we want to arrive on time."

"Just about!" Y/N walked over to the bed that had her coat laying on it. She grabbed the coat, waiting to put it on right before they exited the home. She walked up to him, waiting for him to move so they could leave her room.

He stayed there, looking down at her, analyzing how she looked. "You are wearing a different necklace." He observed, reaching out to grab it.

"Yes, It was my mothers." She turned to look at Inna, who was still holding the other necklace in her hands. She turned back to Zadik and confidently stated. "I wanted to wear it. I think it suits me better than the other one."

He looked curiously over at Inna, seeing her tight grip on the necklace. "It does." He agreed, letting go of it. Inna put the necklace back into its respective box as they both left the room. Zandik knew that if he were to force Y/N to wear the other necklace she would throw a fit and most likely refuse to come. So he thought the best option would be to leave it alone and let her wear it.

They exited the house. Y/N got a good breath of fresh air, since it was the first time she'd been outside in weeks due to the constant cold climate that she didn't have the appropriate clothes for. She enjoyed being outside without freezing to death. She walked over to the cart that Zandik held the door open for.

They both entered the cart one after another. Zandik took his seat across from her, as she scooted closer to the window. She admired the scenery as they passed by. But the impending doom of meeting the other Harbingers weighed on her more and more as they got closer.

"Do you think they will like me?" She asked worriedly.

Zandik knew his fellow Harbingers, they weren't ones to like a person right off the bat. But he could see how much she was worried over this, and he couldn't have her breaking down in front of everyone, embarrassing him.