8: feelings

Warnings: cussing

        Tonight was the big night for the Lantern Rite Festival. Dottore was excited. Not for the well known show at the end of the night but for the activities he had planned for him and Y/N.

        He knocked on her door, waking her up.

        "Lemme get dressed, I'll be out in a minute" She tiredly said from the other side of the door, knowing that it was Dottore knocking.

        He happily stood outside waiting for her. He was excited to have a day of activities that the two of them could share.

        She was also very excited about today. She was most excited for the lanterns and fireworks at the end of the night. But the events leading up to that were just as interesting.

        Once she had put on her best outfit she opened the door to meet Dottore.

        "Beautiful as always, my dear~" Dottore complimented, taking her hand and kissing the top.

        Y/N couldn't muster up any witty remark like she normally would. She just stared at him with her face heating up. Dottore noticed this and smirked at her.

        This threw Y/N back on track "And you don't look any different than you do everyday" she smirked, taking her hand back from him.

        "Speaking of my everyday attire, I was wanting to get matching outfits. It's our first stop of the day." He said as he started to walk out of the inn.

        "Aren't matching outfits, I don't know, kinda corny?" She didn't know how to feel about the idea

         A sulky expression of annoyance appeared on his face as he heard her harsh words of rejection. He thought about how cute they would look together in matching outfits, like couples do. "Corny? I thought it'd be a nice change for how we normally go about things... but I guess if it's so horrible and cheesy you don't want to be caught being seen in the same attire as me, then.... we don't have to wear them. Whatever you want."

        She knew that he was just doing this to make her feel bad. But seeing as he wanted this so much, she decided to just go along with it. "Ugh, fine. But you have to do the scavenger hunt with me"

        "Scavenger hunt? Isn't that a bit childish?" That was rich coming from him.

        But she wasn't going to let this go "Well then, it looks like we won't be getting matching outfits"

        He huffed and reluctantly agreed "Fine then, we'll do the scavenger hunt and get matching outfits."

        She rolled her eyes at his antics, but she couldn't help but smile at him. Even though he was unbearable, she enjoyed his company nonetheless. "Good, it's a plan then."

        They entered the shop together. Dottore followed her around like a lost puppy, waiting for her to pick out an outfit. Once she finally found one, she picked it up, showing it to Dottore.

        "What do you think about this one? I think it's nice." She said putting it up to her to see how she would look in it.

        "It's ugly." He stated flatly "I rather die than wear something like that"

        She gave him a sour expression "Damn no need to be that mean- If you're such a fashion expert, then you choose."

        She put the outfit back and walked over to the changing area to wait. Dottore went around the store looking for something the both of them would look cute in. He then found a pattern he liked.