19: Stranded

Warnings: Alluding to sex (very very slight) Only leave sexaul comments on that one part. anywhere else and you will be blocked

        Zandik lightly shook Y/N's shoulder to wake her up. When she rolled over and opened her eyes, she saw he had already gotten fully dressed for the day.

"We will be departing soon." He informed her before walking over to the luggage case positioned at the end of his bed. "I let you sleep in for a few minutes."

She didn't reply but only groaned and stretched, trying to wake up a bit more before getting ready, but he had other plans. "Hurry up," he scolded. "We still have to eat breakfast. I am trying to get us home before dinner."

"Okay, okay!" She yelled back at him before he continued on.

Although she couldn't see his eyes, due to the mask, he was glaring at her for the tone she used with him. He finished packing up his last thing and closed it before leaving the room, not wanting to argue with her this early in the morning.

She got up from the bed before getting dressed. She packed her dirty clothes into her luggage case before closing it and grabbing her new cloak before meeting Zandik in the dining hall.

Sadly this place didn't have an open buffet like the last one, and they had to wait for their food. While they waited, Zandik told her the plans for today. "There is a snowstorm coming, but if we leave within the hour it will not affect us."

"How much is expected?" She asked him.

"Enough that if we don't leave sooner than later we'll be stuck." He replied.

"Ah," She said, not knowing what else to say due to him not answering her question.

"We should arrive home right before dinner." He continues on with his plans. "I'll show you to one of the guest bedrooms since you would rather not share one with me." His tone got slightly petty at the end. Y/N irked, crossing her arms now.

"I would rather die of hypothermia." She mumbled.

"What was that?" He questioned her.

"Oh, nothing!" She quickly retorted.

He went to say something else but the server arrived with their food, interrupting the conversation. He decided to leave it for another time since they needed to get on the road quickly.

In the cart, the temperature was well below freezing. Her new coat kept the cold away from her torso. But her face was freezing. She kept her hands on her cheeks to warm them up, which worked, but only to a certain extent.

The snow started to fall sometime after they departed. It wasn't heavy enough that they would get trapped quickly, but enough to the point where if they were still on the road by the time the sunset, then they would be.

If she wasn't cold and if Zandik weren't there, she would actually enjoy sitting in the carriage and watching the snowy trees pass by and the snow falling to the ground. But unfortunately, that was nearly impossible. She couldn't even try to fall asleep to pass the time, the cold nibbling on her cheeks made sure of that.

Zandik seemed perfectly content, sitting there all wrapped up in his coat. His head was tilted up slightly, leaning against the wall against the carriage. Due to his stupid mask, she couldn't tell if he was sleeping or wide awake. If he wasn't, she couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind. Yet again, if he were awake, he would be trying to start up a conversation with her.