5: tartaglia

Warning: Vomiting (to skip past this go to the first *)

Y/N was sleeping peacefully before she woke up feeling nauseous due to the intense swaying of the boat. She got up from her bed, hoping to stable her spinning head. To no avail, it didn't help her at all, as it only made it even worse. She tumbles out of her room, rushing to the top deck trying to get some fresh air in hopes that it'll help her.

Once she got up to the deck, the bright sun beams shined in her eyes, her head pounding even further. She clutched her head, feeling her head pulsing as if it had a heartbeat. Dottore was just walking around when he noticed a sickly looking Y/N. He quickly ran over to her, placing a hand on her back and grabbing her hand to guide her over to the side of the boat.

"It'll be okay, just let it all out," he soothingly whispered to her, as he rubbed circles on her back. He then used his free hand to pull back the hair that was in her face so it wouldn't get vomited on.

She felt the stomach acid rise from her stomach and aggressively exit her body. He just stayed next to her and comforted her as the seasickness reached its peak. She felt a lot better knowing that he wasn't disgusted by this, and rather comforting her through it.

"Sorry," she sputtered out, still shaken by her body's aggression. She felt shame and embarrassment coursing through her.

"It's a normal body action. No need to be sorry for the way your body reacts to the waves" he said calmly, still having a hold on her so she wouldn't fall overboard or anything. "Would you want me to go get you anything?"

She shyly nodded, as she held onto the rim for dear life as he stopped supporting her. He quickly made his way to the kitchen, asking the chef for anything to help the poor girl. The chef swiftly made some ginger tea and gave it to Dottore.

He hastily made his way back to her. It seems like she threw up more while he was away. He looked at her with pity. His hand returned to her back to sooth her.

"Here this should help a bit." He handed her the cup of ginger. She glanced up slightly at the cup, and gave him a small smile on her lips. He returned the smile with a slightly bigger one. "Lets go to the front of the boat, that helps too."

He helped her walk up the steps and over to the railing on the bow. He placed his hand on her lower back to guide her easily as she stumbled her way to the front of the boat with him. Once they arrived at the front, he gently held her, holding her hand as she leaned against the railing of the boat. She took deep breaths of the salty air starting to feel more stable. The ginger tea really helped. They stood there together for a long time.

"Better?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly towards her. He was checking her face to see if she was relieved.

"Yes, thank you so much," She replied with a sigh, releasing her hand from his to place her hand on her chest.

He gave her a soft smile "Of course. Don't worry, we'll be docking in an hour or so." he comforted, the smile still remained on his face.

"I should probably go get ready then." She looked down at her, slightly ruined, night clothes. She let out another disappointed sigh.

"Take it easy, okay?" he requested as she just gave a thumbs up, slowly walking away.

                                                                                                  *

The boat had finally docked at Liyue. Y/N and Dottore walked off the ship together with their things. Y/N looked around in amazement, everything was so different from what she was used to. The clothes, the buildings, the trees, everything was new to her and she was in total awe. She was so happy, she'd never expect to ever be in such a place, she just thought she'd be living the humble life in her small little town, never leaving.