9: unexpected confession

Warnings: cussing and very angsty

        Y/N and Dottore carried their belongings towards the dock. They were finally heading back home, back to their day to day lives.

        "Hurry up! We're already running late." Y/N said, picking up the pace.

        Dottore rolled his eyes at her "Well if you didn't check your room about three times. We would have been there earlier."

        "Sorry I wanted to make sure I had everything. If I left something behind I would never see it again" She scoffed at his slander

        "Well as long as you made sure you had your irreplaceable items, I would have bought you a new one."

        She ignored him and continued on towards the docks. Once they arrived, she noticed a certain redhead standing in front of their boat. Dottore groaned at the fact that he had to see Tartaglia one more time before they left.

        "Childe!" she happily exclaimed, running faster towards him. "I'm glad you came to see us off!"

        Childe chuckled at her excitement. "Well after me abruptly leaving last time I saw you, I felt bad, so I wanted to wish you both a goodbye and safe travels"

        "How kind of you," Dottore said in a bitter tone. Y/N hit him lightly on the shoulder as a reminder for what she said after the last fight. He sighed and continued to glare at Tartaglia.

        "Yes, how kind of you!" She repeated what Dottore said but in a positive tone. "Well we're already running late so we should go."

        "Nice seeing you Tartaglia!" Dottore said happily, happy that he wouldn't have to deal with the ginger for a while.

        "You're always welcome to come and visit!" Y/N wrapped her arms around Childe giving him a hug.

        "I might take you up on that offer" Childe hugged her back.

        Dottore became exceedingly jealous. How come Tartaglia gets to hug her but not him? Dottore wanted to kill him but he knew that Y/N would never forgive him for that. The second they stopped hugging, Dottore grabbed her arm and started walking towards the boat. Y/N knew that he was upset but felt better knowing he actually listened to her when she asked him to not have outbursts anymore.

        "Bye Childe!" She said one more time before following Dottore onto the boat.

        Once they were on the boat Dottore wouldn't stop pouting and sighing, obviously trying to get her attention. She decided to ignore him and let him throw his little temper tantrum. But it wasn't until she was sitting down and he threw himself onto her that she finally decided to pay attention to him. She put her book aside looking down at him.

        "What has made you so upset, Dottore?" She said in a sarcastically caring tone

        "Don't act like you don't know what you did." He said in a spiteful tone. She got up making him almost fall off the bench. "Hey!"

        She started walking away again not feeling up to bantering with him. "Come back." She turned back around to him, still giving him the silent treatment. "You gave Tartaglia a hug but you've never hugged me before."

        She gave him a confused look. "It was just a hug- do you care that much about a hug?"

        "Actually I do." He said coldly. Dragging his eyes off hers he let his mind wander, his anger getting the best of him. "Do you know how much effort I put into making you happy, and what do you go and do? Befriend the enemy. Do you know how that makes me feel?" His teeth and fists were nearly clenched trying to withhold an outburst. "I go on stupid dates, and play dress up, just to see an inkling of a smile on your face. But archons forbid I get anything more than a 'thank you', is it so hard to be a little bit more... I don't know..." He held his breath, knowing if he didn't calm down he would blow his top. "A little more caring." He sighed out. His knuckles were practically white at this point, his eyes still miles from hers.