Chapter 2

The past days were like a nightmare for Dorothea. She lost everything. Her dignity, pride, and all the first time she had dreamt since she was a child. She becomes emotionless but was forced to wear a mask every time her fiance looks at her. There is only one thing she is glad she didn't lose, it's the childlike characteristics she had that had helped her continue living.

Every time her fiance isn't looking, she would glance down at her stomach with a sad smile and would slowly whisper, "I'm sorry that I bought you into this cruel life. Please bare a little more, I'll find us a way out from this hell."

Here she is standing in front of her mirror with a wedding dress on. Her mother standing behind her fixing her veil with a big smile on. "You should be thanking us and Micheal. If not you wouldn't be standing here looking all pretty and poise. You should be glad you even had us as your parent."

Dorothea's eyes are dull in color but still gave her mother her signature smile while thanking her and deciding that she should keep her pregnancy away from her mother. As she always says that an unmarried woman with a child is a disgrace so she told herself maybe a day or two after the wedding would be ideal to come forward.

Walking down the aisle while holding onto her father's arm seems like a mistake for Dorothea. Her brain was screeching at her to voice out and stop everything but every organ of her body has given up on life even her heart. "Get that stupid and disgusting look off your face this instant. You are getting married and the bride should look sparkling," Hastily apologized to her father whispering scolding before putting on her best smile.

 You are getting married and the bride should look sparkling," Hastily apologized to her father whispering scolding before putting on her best smile

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

"Now I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Micheal gave a sloppy kiss to the bride earning many cheers.

The day went on too slowly much to Dorothea's liking. Micheal shows her off like the prettiest and rarest doll to his colleagues. When the wedding was done, the father told Dorothea she would be living in her husband's mansion and isn't allowed to come back without her husband's consent.

The ride on the carriage back home is difficult for Dorothea with her husband touching her non-stop while leaving marks on her neck and shoulder. "When we get home I want you to undress for me." She didn't reply upset that her voice would crack so she just nods her head gently.

As every second passes by, she has been begging and praying to God to take her life. This time the god listen to her pleading when the scream from one of the horses could be heard. The carriage made a harsh stop with people yelling outside.

"What is happening out there!"

Micheal steps out of the carriage to witness the going outside. Dorothea being who she is with a curious heart decided to step outside also. Bandits. It was a trap, bandits were everywhere circling the carriage.

Dorothea saw a dead body on the ground not far from her and recognize it as the coachman. Yelling could be heard as they ask for money from Micheal. Dorothea just stood still, her eyes didn't show fear as she watches the bandit blackmail Micheal who is shaking in fear.

She notices one of the bandits had a gun pointed at Micheal he was ready to shoot the man when they couldn't find any money in the carriage. That's when everything went slow for Dorothea. She felt strong arms pulling her harshly to stand in front of Micheal and take the bullet instead.

The bullet had hit her stomach, looking down she saw how her beautiful white dress slowly turning red.

She saw how her husband ran in fear into the forest with all the bandits chasing after him leaving the injured girl alone. Her brain went blank as she taught of her unborn baby, arms carefully holding her wound and repeatedly whispering how sorry she was for not protecting him or her.

"I didn't expect to see you greet death so early in age." That deep voice she knew to be Aro. As much as she wants to embrace the vampire with a smile she can't, instead, she falls to her knees in front of him. "I don't mind. They are others who die younger and more tragic than me. It's just a pity I couldn't get to see my child first,"

Aro let out an immense sigh of disappointment but understanding somehow. Kneeling also to make eye contact with the young girl. "Well too bad. I have taken a fondness for you. Forgive me, for bringing you immortality when you wish for non. The taught of having a family will be impossible from now on too,"

Dorothea didn't get to respond as she coughs out blood and her eyes slowly closed to sleep. She however did feel the sharp pain in her neck but didn't flinch one bit.