Chapter 93 - She Lost Everything

Breaking Dawn Pt

Breaking Dawn Pt.2

The year 2009

"This is a big day; it changes almost everything!" / "What, turning 16?"

"Close enough." Dorothea rolls her eyes at Jacob but continues her giggles as the scene slowly changed into the ballroom, this time they all stood among the crowds before a gasp can be heard as everyone faced up the stairs.

Slowly and gracefully, eyes were on every of Dorothea's moves as she walks down the stairs as the main character for today's ball. "Don't I look pretty, Jas?" / "The most attractive, appealing, and gorgeous woman in the whole world, darl." Dorothea chuckled with satisfaction at Jasper's words who spoke with all seriousness as his eyes never left hers.

The day slowly went on, nothing amazing happening just a few old ladies showing off their sons or nephews and boys of many ages and sizes asking her for a dance. The young Dorothea didn't have a second to rest, even besides her parent she was driven up straight and greeted the guest.

They all can tell just how much she wanted this is be over. The grand clock in the room finally rang to signal everyone the time, 7 p.m. That's when the Caddel family walked up on a platform as the father called out for her daughter to follow suit.

"Is that Aro?!" Dorothea just nods her head at Emmet's shocked tone, glancing at the Volturi leader before his father's voice echoes in the room.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to my daughter's birthday. As a gift, there shall be free wines and an open buffet later on."

Dorothea looks around from within Jasper's arm as the crowd creed and applauds her father's statement, when she scans around, she couldn't help but laugh at the different choices of clothing everyone had from her times.

They all stood out like a sore thumb.

Jasper out of nowhere brought Dorothea's chin up so he can kiss her, ignoring the others who are too busy taking in the memory. The gesture turned heated, with his hand's grip tight on her waist. Dorothea knew he is just making sure that what Zafrina is showing isn't reality and Dorothea is still in his arms for the next scene, Jasper's forevermore loath.

"Michael, please come forward." This caught everyone's attention away from Aro and the young Dorothea's small eye contact with a new character in Dorothea's life. Jasper too had stopped, just to get a full-body scan on the man who took Dorothea's first title as her husband.

This Michael had blue eyes and was in his 40s, probably near the father's age. Everyone knew something is wrong even the young Dorothea could tell. "Hey, Dorothea what is happening? This doesn't seem at all welcoming. Jasper?" Benjamin is the first to question and notice Jasper's feral state but is being held by Dorothea.

The Cullens had turned too with raised eyes brows, not understanding Japer's growl and teeth bearing while Dorothea just continue chuckling his arms.

"This is Michael Hart. A close friend of mine, supported me through thick and thin. Without him, I wouldn't be here right now celebrating my daughter's big day. So as promised, I and my wife had agreed on offering our daughter's hand in marriage to him. Take good care of her."

"WHAT!" / "Oh, no..."

Dorothea's young self looks like she was about to collapse at the news as everyone cheered for the new couple in the room. Feeling lightheaded, dizzy, weak, and nauseous, young Dorothea was aware that noises are fading away from her ears. She felt faint.

"Meet my first husband, Michael!" Everyone went bolting near Dorothea and Jasper, hiding their view of Michael who kept smirking at the young Dorothea. "Husband? Husband?!! This isn't normal, Thea! You just turned 16 and he is close to 50!"

Jasper had buried his nose in Dorothea's neck as everyone started telling Dorothea how all this is wrong in every way possible. "Relax, it's common in my times to get married off at my age just... not that standard for the man to be 3 times older than the wife. But like I say, it's rare but not impossible."

The scene changed into a time-lapse again, focusing on Dorothea and Michael, the whole night Michael was glued to the girl and touching her at every chance he got.

This chased Jasper to growl, eyes slowly turning red at the sight so he bit harshly on Dorothea's neck to calm his emotion while his mate strokes his dirty blonde hair. Everyone becomes speechless at how all of this is happening to a single person's story, understanding perfectly why Jasper is so protective of the girl now.

The party slowly ended which fears the young Dorothea more than it usually does, especially with how her family stood there in front of a carriage and Michael beside her.

"Please, please tell me that your parent is second-guessing their choice despite how evil they are." Dorothea just shook her head at Tanya's request and at the same time Michael spoke up.

"Don't worry, my friend. I'll take good care of your daughter tonight. I'll see you in a week for the wedding." No matter how everyone protested this, the young Dorothea was pushed inside the carriage without a word or a goodbye to her parent.

"We should skip the next few days and straight to the wedding, right Jas?" Everyone swiftly turns their head to Dorothea as Garrett spoke up while nodding their head along in approval of his words. "Why? What happens in the next few days? Did you get tortured by that slimy old filthy man!"

Dorothea didn't answer the question yet as she and Jasper were in a silent talk with each other, the rest have to wait like a cliffhanger is happening. "Oh, don't worry Garry. He didn't torture me..."

Many let out a glad sigh though still didn't ease the reason why Dorothea and Jasper chose to skip days of memories. Sensing their delusion about everything, Jasper leads Dorothea away from the family while he replies, in a clear tone for everyone, "... He took your virginity away."

"That is correct."

Everyone had their jaw open at how blunt Jasper was but still, his words were full of hatred while Dorothea wasn't in a hassle at all by how everyone knew who and at what age she lost such an important thing.

"Dorothea is this true?" Dorothea frowns hearing Esme calling her by her full name and not the shortened version, meaning the vampire is truly scared and worried for her but Dorothea took it in the other direction.

Choosing to reply in a happy and unbothered tone to show everyone she has passed the grieve. "Rape would be more accurate, I guess. But the past is the past. I relish and see them as something that made me who I am now."