Chapter 48

"You all know what Edward wants. And you know what I want. But I won't force myself on you." The entire Cullen family surrounds Bella.

The house has been restored to its original warmth and beauty thanks to Dorothea's waking. But right now, it was slightly annoying to everyone how Bella could just force them to gather without notice and act like the leader here, yet, they kept quiet seeing it might be a serious topic.

Edward sits off to the side as Bella addresses them a bit stiffly as she still yet had to apologize to the youngest herself. "I think the only fair way to handle this is by vote.." / "You can't be serious-"

"This is my meeting, Edward!" Edward, frustrated, sits back as Bella faces the family again. Rose scoffed in amusement seeing the couple fight in front of her while Alice gave Edward a small smile. "However this turns out, I'm not letting the Volturi hurt you. I'll go back to Italy alone-"

"The hell you will. I'm not missing another fight." Emmet spoke up with a little rage, clearly still mad at what had happened with Dorothea but a tiny bit for Bella since he was one of the supporters of Edward's relationship with Bella despite sometimes not backing them up.

"That's not up for a vote, Emmett. I don't want you involved."

"We've always been involved, honey, and we're not going to stop-" Esme was cut off by Bella again like what had happened with Edward and Emmet. Dorothea had only thought Bella was quite feisty today, demanding, Edward had heard this but kept shut, also agreeing. "I want you to earnestly think about this. If I join you, you'll be stuck with me for a long time, forever. It's a huge decision. And I want- I need your honesty here."

It was silent at first as everyone glanced at Dorothea, the girl had her eyes on Bella who had been avoiding her, responding in agreement making the rest nod or otherwise communicate agreement. "Then let's take a vote... Alice?"

Alice jumps up from Dean's side on the couch and hugs Bella. "Like you're not already my sister? Of course, yes!" Bella smiled before turning her attention to the beautiful blonde vampire who was standing. "Rosalie?" Rosalie, torn, looks at Edward who's stony toward her.

"Edward, I'm sorry for what I did. I am. And I know you're not ready to forgive me..." She spoke with eyes on Edward before moving to Bella than to Carlisle when it came to her decision. "But this isn't the life I'd have chosen for myself. I wish there'd been someone to vote no for me... So... no."

Dorothea had a soft nod, understanding where the girl's history lay to make her say such a decision. Bella takes it stoically. Emmett bounds over and lifts Bella into a bear hug. "I vote, hell yeah! We can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way. Dean you in?"

Emmet and Bella turn to look at Dean who had a frozen look at first making the 2 sad but a cheeky smile soon grew, rushing to them to throw Bella in the air with Emmet. "You know I'm in!" Esme approaches them then smacks the 2 buffy men to let the mortal down and embraces Bella warmly. "I already think of you as part of the family. Yes."

"Thank you, Esme." Carlisle had moved, not to Bella, but to his son, Edward who had to beg eyes on his father figure. "You can't go along with this, Carlisle. You know what it means"

"You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son. But Alice has never turned anyone. It'd be safer if I did it-" Edward had harshly stood up, anger was clear, and was about to stomp out of the house but Dorothea had used her abilities, her eyes glowing, making Edward sit back down and focus on this meeting.

"It's rude to leave like that. Two more family members haven't voted yet Eddy. That is, are we allowed to vote?" Bella had finally looked into Dorothea's eyes, the vampire held an aura Bella had nevermore witnessed on her. With the power she holds and the alpha vibe she gave off, now understand how the small vamp can intimate the rest.

"Y-Yes. I want every Cullen's votes." Dorothea had turned to Jasper beside her, seeing him frowning at Bella but once making eye contact with Dorothea his hate for the mortal disappears and focuses on Edward's future and feelings.

It took a few minutes before Jasper rises, but keeps his distance. "... I vote yes. It'll be a relief not to want to kill. I can use the excuses that you're going to be a Cullen." / "Um. Thanks? ... D-Dorothea?"

Now everyone had full attention on the girl, Edward was begging mentally for his sister to disagree while the rest showed a different wish. It did come as a shock to everyone when Jasper agrees to anything involving Bella and it came to even more hysteria when Dorothea was the one who disagrees on this.

"No" / "W-What!! I-Is this because of what I said in !-"

Dorothea let out a sigh making Bella suspend her sentence, frightened to temper the vampire. For someone who's asking for votes, Bella does get offended when things don't get her way and Dorothea who just healed, her high pitch tone wasn't what her ears want.

"This got nothing to do with what had happened days ago... The decision you're making is too harsh. I know and I can see your reasoning for choosing the immortality life but it isn't as easy as it seems Bella. True, changing you would mean safe from Volturi and death and blood, I guess."

Dorothea stood up walking closer to the mortal while Bella slowly stepped back, Dorothea's glowing eyes and strong vibes scared her, seeing this Dorothea stop her movement before continuing her talk but her eyes looked down this time.

"Your too innocent, there are so many... things you're going to sustain human or not. Me, Rose and most didn't want to change, we were particularly forced into this life. I'm quite envious you get a choice in this too, so continue living normally." Dorothea frowned at how Bella could easily give up everything for a love that won't last if they won't mate, that she neglected her family and friends.

"Spend more time with your father. You have people out there, Edward isn't going to go anywhere. You'll turn when it's necessary. For now, I do not agree."

Dorothea looks around. She was tired, her body hasn't completely healed, and right now she doesn't want more drama or argument near her. Just a week without them she begs for.

Staring deep into Bella's eyes, to know that her words shall be taken seriously and remembered, "End of discussion."