Chapter 34

They all stop. Edward is immediately at Bella's side. The family instantly gathers at home plate. Jasper stood at the far end with Dorothea in her arm, they knew this was going to happen so there secretly share a concerned look for the mortal.

"They heard us and change their mind." / "Put your hair down-"

Rosalie scowled at them as she could still smell Bella's scent from afar. "Like that'll help. I could smell her from across the field." Edward ignores the blonde giving a glance at Dorothea, his eyes showing how he had regretted not listening to his sister. "I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm so sorry."

Dorothea looks down at her gloved hands, Jasper doing the same knowing what the girl is already planning. Without anyone knowing, Dorothea silently removes a glove as there's a faint rustle then James, Victoria and Laurent emerge.

As they were near, everyone saw their bare feet, then the deep burgundy of their eyes. Laurent holds up the baseball Jasper had hit into the forest. "I believe this belongs to you." Laurent tosses the ball casually but still blindingly fast to Dr. Cullen who easily catches it and smiles politely "Thank you. I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us."

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

Dorothea had zoned out their conversation, as she silently tries to figure out a plan out of the mess, Edward was too busy going through the nomad's mind to listen to her thoughts of the future.

Jasper made sure to keep Dorothea safe from the red eyes, casually letting out a growl when Laurent, James, or Victoria stare too long at his mate. It was no secret how Carlisle and Dorothea are popular, but mostly the girl for her private life and relationship with the Volturi.

The conversation had ended with Carlisle agreeing to let them join in the game, everyone was ready to move to their places but a wind suddenly picked up, letting the nomad smell Bella's scent.

Edward was quick to push Bella behind him and attack James when he saw the man was already running his way closer to them but he suddenly stopped midway. Edward was confused but still stand his ground, James let out a grunt as his body wasn't able to move.

The Cullen saw how the color of his eyes changed to the white they knew clearly, turning they saw Dorothea's hand and eyes glowing making James follow his every command. She rose an eyebrow, challenging James to fight back her grip.

They were shocked by just how much Dorothea had improved and doesn't need to touch the opponent to use her abilities, no longer. Laurent and Victoria line up behind James with a little fear of seeing Dorothea's powers.

"The girl is with us." / "We won't harm her." Laurent was trying to avoid a fight seeing that they were going to lose.

Dorothea had to walk her way closer to James, the man have a death glare at the small vampire but Dorothea on the other hand held a smirk. Softly, with easygoing manners, spoke, "I think it best if you leave."

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now, please?"

Jasper gave Dorothea a small pat on her back, signaling her to release the man. Dorothea did as told, snapping her finger earning James to be free, yet the man had the confidence and was about to attack her but Jasper took the lead and push him hardly behind making him smash through a tree and feet far from everyone.

Laurent cursed under his breath, running over to help James, before disappearing with Victoria alongside them. Once they're gone, Esme immediately gathers up the bats.

"Get Bella out of here. We'll follow them." Jasper, Dean, Emmet, and Rosalie had sprinted off after them, after Carlisle's command. Edward had already rushed off with Bella leaving Dorothea and Alice to help Esme quickly to head home. "This isn't going to end while." Dorothea had whispered silently so that the rest didn't hear her.

❤(ˆ‿ˆԅ)

Dorothea and Esme headed home first, and Alice decided to follow after Edward in case of any mishaps. The two froze when they smelled another scent that belongs to Laurent, Dorothea took the lead with Esme behind her.

Walking in Laurent gave them a quick smile while raising his hands to show to he was harmless, the slight fear didn't go unnoticed by the two vampires. "I came here in peace. Just to warn a few things."

Just in time for Jasper, Carlisle, and Roselie to enter the house, shocked at first but quickly calm down seeing that Esme and Dorothea weren't in any way harmed by the man. "I shall apologize first for my action." Laurent was confused at Dorothea's words but wasn't able to say much when the girl had a rough grip on his wrist.

Dorothea quickly briefs through Laurent's past seeing him beg a vampire to share his power and immortality. Boris the vampire who turned him became his companion for a while until Laurent grew tired of his creator's jovial habits and left him to find someone with more power.

He ran into the Volturi, who held the exact kind of power that he sought. However, Aro turned him away after finding out that he had encountered the Romanians and declared him untrustworthy.

Dorothea remembered how Aro had once told him of an unreliable man she wasn't able to meet.

He continued to hope that he would get another chance to join the Volturi, though the chance was never offered. He wandered the world, allying with anyone who seemed to have power until he found someone more powerful. Eventually, he joined James's coven.

Going through his future, Dorothea's fear had become reality seeing his relationship with the Denali's, especially with Idrina to his death with the wolves which Bella is there to watch. Dorothea can already see more drama going to be happening in the future.

Dorothea had let go of the confused Laurent, before nodding at Carlisle that the man is fine.

Edward, Emmett, and Alice rush Bella from the truck to the house but freeze when the door opens and Laurent exits with the rest of the Cullens. They immediately take defensive positions but Carlisle calms them down. "He came to warn us. About James."

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years. And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her."