Chapter 38

New Moon
The year 2007

Dorothea is currently in Alice's room alongside Rosalie as they plan Bella's birthday party, Rose wasn't keen on the idea but Alice had forced her into it. Dorothea listens carefully to every word Alice was saying about describing the future party, knowing full well just how annoyed the girl would be if they got one detail wrong.

"Were back!" Emmet's loud voice caught the girls' attention telling them about their arrival from the hunting. Dorothea is the first to stand up, scurrying down to greet her sibling but mostly her lover, mate. Jasper spun the girl around in the air for a while before putting her down for a kiss.

"Ahem! We got a virgin here. Be a little sympathetic for him." Dean had a teasing tone, clearly aiming toward Edward who in return growled at him.

"Listen, Ed. You got to convince Bella to this party or I have to pull the big gun." / "The big gun?"

Dorothea finally put attention to Alice and Edward's conversation, seeing Alice raise an eyebrow towards the couple with a smirk making Edward chuckle a little. "I don't think I should employ my powers for something like this Al-" Alice started whining like a child but Jasper calms her down using his powers, letting Dorothea continue her words, "Relax, the party is happening and she will be there."

That had brought the girl in a better mood.

"All that aside you got school now. Chop! Chop! Get going." Esme started shooing them to their cars quickly eagerly wanting to spend some alone time with her husband, Carlisle since he took a day off. Alice and Dorothea gave their mother a teasing smirk before rushing off with Rosalie in her car.

The boys rode with Edward's silver Volvo to school with the girls following steadily behind them, Jasper would sometimes give a swift glance behind just to make such Dorothea is safe. It's become an instinct and a habit for him to know every little detail happening around her.

Upon arriving at the school parking lot, Dorothea notices Bella and her group of friends taking a photo, their faces held fun, delightfully carefreeness but when the camera lowers, their playfulness has dissipated as they see the Cullens, especially Edward.

They gave Bella their goodbye before leaving when Edward got close.

Jasper had helped Dorothea get out of the car, hands intertwine, deciding to enter school first knowing they'll meet with Bella and Edward later on. They both broke into their small conversation, ignoring the look they were getting for just breathing.

Jasper tells her about the morning hunt while Dorothea chuckle hearing the man's frustration with Emmet and Dean for losing their prey. "- I mean, two gorwn men can't even take down a single harmless doe-"

"Oh, don't mine them Jas. You know Dean is presumably stressed for attending Alice's relentless need to perfect the party and Emmet being him plausibly be thinking about Rosie's body that he got distracted."

Jasper made a disgusted face, causing Dorothea's laughter to grow at the reaction. Slowly she brought the man to her height to give him a peck filled with all her love, she didn't miss the smirk Jasper had at the action.

(ɔ˘ ³(¬̀ ₒ ́¬c)

Edward and Bella enter the double doors suddenly a small, wrapped gift appears on Bella's face. Alice had presented it with Dorothea beside her, their mate stood behind them giving the human a small smile. "Happy-"